Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   From a big old box of scraps (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/big-old-box-scraps-t179419.html)

huntannette 02-14-2012 07:09 PM

From a big old box of scraps

9 Attachment(s)
Well some months ago Charisma sent me a big box of scraps. I was to make tops for her and in exchange she would longarm quilt for me(one for one).....so away i went. She has been very patient with me , as I told her I am a slow quilter. I have also been working on some of mine . I wanted to send her everything all at once to save on postage. Soooooo, from that big old box of scraps i`ve made four quilts....and i still have scraps left...yep!! LOL Go figure....but i did have to go into my stash a bit.....for the snowball quilt i had to use two of my fabrics because i just couldn`t find what I needed in the box for the look I wanted. The snowball quilt is a pattern from a magazine but the others I designed as went....the orange, and the light brown in the snowball quilt came from my stash...as well in the forth quilt, the dark fabric in the sashing was mine...so i really did good....i wanted to use up the whole box....so i will be keeping the rest and will cover another adding machine roll ....but not just yet....that one i will send off later...so in the next week or two she will receive her box back with eight tops...her four and my four as well as all the backings for mine....you can see her box in one of the photos as well as what is left of the scraps...must admit i did have fun....

Tartan 02-14-2012 07:34 PM

Wow! Your quilt tops are super! Good job!:thumbup: I like them all but I think the first one is my favourite.

Denise S 02-14-2012 07:40 PM

Very impressed, they are so cool! I have tons of scraps, but have never done a scrap quilt. I want to, but my brain has a hard time with unplanned and random. I will try one of these days.

almond 02-14-2012 07:48 PM

I love all of them. Hope you are in the scrap quilt challenge. Great job!!!

annies-best 02-14-2012 07:50 PM

you are both very lucky ... They are beautiful quilt tops
my ? is ??? how are you going to decide who gets which

huntannette 02-14-2012 08:03 PM

i love scrappies, and most of the time i just design as I go....

Originally Posted by Denise S (Post 4976108)
Very impressed, they are so cool! I have tons of scraps, but have never done a scrap quilt. I want to, but my brain has a hard time with unplanned and random. I will try one of these days.

huntannette 02-14-2012 08:03 PM

what is the scrap quilt challenge??

Originally Posted by almond (Post 4976130)
I love all of them. Hope you are in the scrap quilt challenge. Great job!!!

XYZ123 02-14-2012 08:07 PM

They are all very pretty.

ruthie 02-14-2012 08:08 PM

Very pretty.

Caroline S 02-14-2012 08:35 PM

Ditto Tartan. Number 1 is my favorite. What fun it would be to "play" in someone elses scrap box.;)