Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Billfolds and keychains by Rhonda (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/billfolds-keychains-rhonda-t18842.html)

Rhonda 04-11-2009 04:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Here are a couple of billfolds -I guess I haven't kept pictures of some of the billfolds and keychains I couldn't find many anyway. I know I have done more than this but I don't know what happened to them.

Rhonda 04-11-2009 04:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Another billfold

Rhonda 04-11-2009 04:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)

A couple of keychains They are about 3" square or so

mrsj82 04-11-2009 05:33 PM

How do you make them look so amazing on such a small scale? Those are simply beautiful!

mrsj82 04-11-2009 05:51 PM

Haha, never mind that question...I checked out your linky in the sig a the bottom! (I might steal the method, that looks fabulous!) Again, beauitful work!

sewnsewer2 04-11-2009 05:55 PM

Very nice!

Rhonda 04-11-2009 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by mrsj82
Haha, never mind that question...I checked out your linky in the sig a the bottom! (I might steal the method, that looks fabulous!) Again, beauitful work!

Go ahead and "steal" my method! The whole point of offering the free template was to get people to try my methods! :D :D

I think the shortcuts are fantastic and I wanted to share them with other quilters because they are so quick and easy and you can use them in any size quilt block. You don't have to make miniatures to get the benefit of the method.

Hope you share pics of anything you make with us!!

Rhonda 04-11-2009 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by mrsj82
How do you make them look so amazing on such a small scale? Those are simply beautiful!

'
I have a new piecing method I call the cut down method. You sew swatches together and then you cut out a square from the center.

Click on the cut down method here below in the signature and you can see what I mean. It really isn't hard!

mrsj82 04-11-2009 06:21 PM

Oh for sure! I think I'm going to maybe try this in a little bigger than the 1'' and see how it works for me. I have a HUGE bag of scraps that I'm sure everyone on here can relate to. I'll try this method and if it works the way I think I'm going to try making some things to sell on my website! :-)

Rhonda 04-11-2009 06:30 PM

Just so I get a peek at your web site!!!

My mom was not in favor of my putting my methods out there for the general public saying I was giving away all my secrets and noone would buy from me. Well I believe quilitng is about sharing. :D :D

I did not get any copyrights for a reason. I get very upset when I find a pattern I like and I can't use it because I sell my stuff. So anyone who can use my ideas are more than welcome to share the wealth.

My wealth comes from the Lord in my talent and my love of beauty! Not in keeping these things to myself!!

Just let me see some pictures!!!! Please???? :lol: :lol: