Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   black and white and red quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/black-white-red-quilt-t176644.html)

katkat1946 01-23-2012 06:12 AM

black and white and red quilt

2 Attachment(s)
Just finished getting the borders on this quilt. The 4 corner and center blocks were made using blocks on quilters' cache. Then I found blocks in EQ as similar as possible and used them to design the overall quilt. This was so much fun! This is a surprise for a special family friend who drives his big truck cross country so I had reasons behind each block I used. He's from Texas, hence the Texas Rose. Crossroads - well, kinda obvious. Yankee Charm in the center (I'd be the Yankee), Road to California (he loves CA - bottom left), and California (top left) and LOTS of Friendship stars!!! Can't wait to get it quilted and in the mail.
Pat

katkat1946 01-23-2012 06:20 AM

black and white and red quilt

1 Attachment(s)
What a learning process it is to upload pictures!!! I thought I had uploaded my eq mock-up with my first post but there was only that dreaded little red "x"! Hopefully I've figured out how to save it as a different & acceptable format:)
Pat

Tweety2911 01-23-2012 06:23 AM

That's a beautiful quilt! Love the pattern! I am going to save this one!

delma_paulk 01-23-2012 06:23 AM

Looks really good!

katkat1946 01-23-2012 06:24 AM

black and white and red quilt top - HOPEFULLY :)

1 Attachment(s)
WOW! Good thing I gave up on this last night and went to bed:) I thought I had submitted the quilt top pic then lost it when I edited to add the eq image; hopefully they will BOTH show up now. And for a bit of explanation:
I finished getting the borders on this quilt last night. The 4 corner and center blocks were made using blocks on quilters' cache. Then I found blocks in EQ as similar as possible and used them to design the overall quilt. This was so much fun! This is a surprise for a special family friend w ho drives his big truck cross country so I had reasons behind each block I used. He's from Texas, hence the Texas Rose. Crossroads - well, kinda obvious. Yankee Charm in the center (I'd be the Yankee), Road to California (he loves CA - bottom left), and California (top left) and LOTS of Friendship stars!!! Can't wait to get it quilted and in the mail.
Pat

Tweety2911 01-23-2012 06:25 AM

It's awesome!

Quiltshaker 01-23-2012 06:30 AM

I haven't posted pictures yet - I keep putting it off. Your quilt is lovely and someone is very lucky to receive such a thoughtful gift.

dunster 01-23-2012 06:30 AM

That's a lovely quilt, and a wonderful explanation.

blueangel 01-23-2012 06:58 AM

It's beautiful.

mariehughey 01-23-2012 07:13 AM

I think that is the one beautiful thing that is rare among any other craft or art...we give all our love, effort, and skill to make these beautiful and functional objects...then we give it away. Other artist friends of mine look at me like I am crazy when I suggest it. Your trucker friend will love it! Thanks for sharing your mock-up too.