Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Block a Day Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/block-day-challenge-t81523.html)

pookie ookie 12-08-2010 04:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone interested?

I've made a block a day for the last 3 months. It's only difficult while traveling. The rest of the time, I say to myself, "Self, if you have time for the internet, boobtube or gabbing with Agnes Kravitz, you have time for a block."

Today's block is from Carol Doak's free patterns page (love her). The ribbon in a heart ornament. Only 3". I made two and tweaked the second block to thin out the bulk. Carol's block looks better (of course, it does!). Here's the good one:

luv-e 12-08-2010 04:13 PM

Well, You must switch your nose and that is why you are able to make a block everyday for 3 months.
Especially if you live next to Agnes K. lol lol lol lol
You need a big old pat on the back for that
Hope you post some....would love to see them

raedar63 12-08-2010 04:18 PM

Thank you for posting this, the ribbon block is perfect and just what I am looking for. I am currently working on a photo quilt to give to a young man's mom and one for his new bride . He landed in Afganistan today and this block will be a perfect finishing touch to work into the quilt.
Rae

RkayD 12-08-2010 04:18 PM

What a great challenge to set for yourself. I agree too...If I didn't spend so much time on the computer I'd get LOTS more sewing done.

olgaflowers 12-08-2010 04:20 PM

I haven't thought of Agnes Kravitz in years,
You made Me laugh ! thank's :)

pookie ookie 12-08-2010 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63
Thank you for posting this, the ribbon block is perfect and just what I am looking for. I am currently working on a photo quilt to give to a young man's mom and one for his new bride . He landed in Afganistan today and this block will be a perfect finishing touch to work into the quilt.
Rae

That's why I found it! My soldier is going to Afghanistan. I need to make a couple dozen deployment blankets so I thought about a block a day. And, here we are. :0) Connecting Threads, and some other places, have a larger Ribbon block in their free section. Also you can take six Contrary Wife(!) blocks and position them into a Ribbon block.

I love Agnes Kravitz but she does go on. Poor Abner.

Melinda in Tulsa 12-08-2010 06:00 PM

I admire anyone who can commit to and stick to sewing a block a day! My hat is off to you.

Now...would someone PLEASE tell me how to get off the computer and spend more time sewing! <grin> another addict here

pookie ookie 12-09-2010 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Y'all can go on pretending you're not crazy type A's who love a block a day. I know better.

Today's block is from fatquartershop's Pennsylvania Dutch BOM. 12".

MommaDorian 12-09-2010 02:25 PM

I love this!!! While I can't commit to doing a block each day (I have 3 high maintenance kids, lol), I really like this one. I have some autistic awareness fabric I'd like to use!!

Thanks

AngieS 12-09-2010 02:27 PM

Wow! One a day! That's great!