Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   BOM Sampler Quilt top (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bom-sampler-quilt-top-t15892.html)

Yvonne 01-27-2009 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One sampler (BOM) quilt top all in one piece. I have to determine if there is to be another border or not. And if I do put another border or two on what shall it be? Suggestions?

I'm not happy with the dark green particularly but I'm not ripping it out! Those three blocks fall into the "What was I thinking?" category. They're staying to remind me not to sew if my brain is not in gear!

Oh, well! This is to be a knock about quilt, I've decided! On to the other sampler quilt that I started with our BOMs.

Sampler quilt top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25420[/ATTACH]

bj 01-27-2009 03:49 PM

I like that. I think maybe a black (or maybe that's dark green?) inner border with a wider outer border of any of the other 4 colors...gold, green, blue, or lavender.

sandpat 01-27-2009 03:53 PM

I think it will turn out to be really nice. You might want to use that dark green that you don't care for as a thin..maybe 1" wide border. That will stop the motion on the top and also tie the darker green into the quilt a little better. Then follow that with a wider border using one of the other colors or even find another fabric that picks up all the colors. It will really be pretty. :lol:

Jim's Gem 01-27-2009 04:02 PM

Looks great. I think I like the idea of a thin border of the dark green as well, then wider. Do you have a multi-colored that incorporates all the colors in the quilt?

patricej 01-27-2009 04:18 PM

definitely put some of the green somewhere in the border. like the others, i think a thin inner is a good idea. as for the rest?

my dear ... it simply screams for 1" x 2" flying geese. 3 or 4 borders worth at least.

:mrgreen:

Janstar 01-27-2009 04:20 PM

I like it and green is one of my favs. I agree with using a thin green border and then another border of some kind. Let us know what you decide.

Shemjo 01-27-2009 04:20 PM

I concur! A thin dark green inner border and then a wider outer border of......?

Harmony 01-27-2009 04:21 PM

OK, you've given me the resolve to finish a BOM. I'm working on the Pioneeer one. Yours is just beautiful!

Chele 01-27-2009 04:49 PM

Your BOM tops always inspire me! You've got another winner, girl! I think a dark green thin border would tie those blocks in that you're not that fond of. I love them though! They add contrast and balance.

Yvonne 01-27-2009 05:22 PM

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the comments and suggestions more than you know. I had considered a small green inner border so you are validating that idea. Thank you! I do have enough of the background fabric to possible put another border on with that but it'll have to be pieced. And NO, Patrice, No flying geese. I hates flying geese! I had thought about a pieced ribbon border but my border books are lost among all the other books that are awaiting their very own book shelves. As soon as that cabinet maker gets here with my cabinets then I'll go ahead and finish this thing!

Thank you again! :P