Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   BURGOYNE, NAVY AND WHITE, Going in the Frame (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/burgoyne-navy-white-going-frame-t35888.html)

aorlflood 08-23-2010 06:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks to your wonderful tutorial, I was able to get my quilt loaded on my new frame! I'm a visual person, so seeing yours was more helpful than reading the instructions that came with mine! LOL

The rollers that came with mine only had a useable space of 87.5", so I bought new ratchet wheels and end caps and DH made new rollers from metal electrical conduit (the same material the rollers that came with it were made from).

The new rollers (shown in the picture here) have a useable space of 110"!!!! That will give you an idea of how long this one is! The entire frame is 10' long (that is including the legs).

Bmanmommy 08-23-2010 07:07 AM

Thanks for showing us.

aorlflood 08-23-2010 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
When I made this quilt I had some requests that i show the steps to placing it in my floor frame and getting it ready to quilt. So, yesterday I got off my b### and moved all the Den furniture around and set up my frame and today I finally have it ready to start quilting.

Here are the steps I have taken so far. You will notice that the frame has 3 poles,the back one and the middle one, the gears run to the back. the front one, the gears run to the front.

I just noticed one difference...
the instructions for my frame said to roll the batting and TOP together on the back roller...which I did.
I see that you roll your batting and BACKING together.

Minor detail...but other than that...
it looks the same and I'm LOVING quilting on it! It is high enough so I don't have to hunch over any...and it tilts to just the right angle...whatever that angle is for you! :)

Thanks again for the wonderful tute!

julybaby8 08-23-2010 07:23 AM

Thanks for the step by step process. It's a good review for me to set up my quilt on my frame. It's always good for a refresher . :-D

lorrwill 09-03-2011 02:16 PM

I just found this board and have registered just to thank the OP for this wonderful information.

Ninnie 09-04-2011 05:53 AM

Hi guys
I have been away for awhile, life got in the way. But i am back, :):) I took some time off from quilting, but last week my fingers started itching to pick up needle, and so i am back at frame, quilting this one. I am half way now. I thought i would do a tute on hand quilting in a frame if anyone wants me to. Wow, i have missed this place and all of u!!!!

lorrwill 09-04-2011 08:03 AM

YES YES YES!

You do awesome work and your tutorials are incredibly helpful. I would be extremely grateful to you if you did this tutorial.

chickadee_42us 09-04-2011 08:40 AM

It's great isn't it.

chickadee_42us 09-04-2011 08:42 AM

Ninnie, glad you are back. Have missed seeing your quilting for inspiration.

Ninnie 09-04-2011 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by lorrwill
YES YES YES!

You do awesome work and your tutorials are incredibly helpful. I would be extremely grateful to you if you did this tutorial.

Ok,i am about 1 wk from being ready :-D