Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   BURGOYNE, NAVY AND WHITE, Going in the Frame (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/burgoyne-navy-white-going-frame-t35888.html)

Ninnie 02-03-2010 09:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
So, now we just have to decide how to quilt it, which stencils to use. I have laid out some of the choices that i have. Also laid out all the things i will need while hand quilting. Different size needles, some mornings I will have to start with an 8 and then move to a smaller needle 10 or 12 as I go along. Also a needle puller for the seams, and my markers I use a fons and porter pencil, dark lead for the white and white lead for the dark blue. And the green tape is if i want to do some cross hatching, I will mark my lines with that.
I don't know it this is clear, but hope you enjoy seeing inside what a hand quilter does to get ready.
Thanks for looking into my world!

supplies I will need
[ATTACH=CONFIG]37367[/ATTACH]

Stencils
[ATTACH=CONFIG]37368[/ATTACH]

more stencils
[ATTACH=CONFIG]37369[/ATTACH]

Boston1954 02-03-2010 09:43 AM

Well done! This would be a great tutorial for someone who has never done it before. Have fun with your stitching.

Dora Taggart 02-03-2010 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank YOU sooooo much this has been a wonderful tutorial. I have a frame and this has given me wonderful hints that I have not been using. Your quilt is beautiful, I would love to see some of the quilting as you go..

Thanks Again and have fun quilting.

k3n 02-03-2010 10:32 AM

Wowzers Ninnie! That is brilliant! I want one!!!!! :D :D :D

Only problem I can see is what happens if a large, furry object ie Barney Cat jumps up on there? I just KNOW he'd think it's a new bed just for him! :shock: :mrgreen:

rootyr 02-03-2010 10:37 AM

Wow, that is quite a process! Thanks for showing us!

Quilter7x 02-03-2010 11:06 AM

I can really appreciate all the work that goes into hand quilting, but I don't have the patience for it. :lol:

Pineapple Princess 02-03-2010 11:10 AM

Thanks for posting this! I wish I could use a quilt frame...

Bobbinwinder 02-03-2010 12:11 PM

Ninnie, you are a fantastic teacher! You so obviously know what you are doing...and you make it look so easy that I want to try! That pattern was one of my DGM's favorites and one I have on my "to do" lists...yours is beautiful!
Thanks so much for sharing with all of us!

liblueeyes 02-03-2010 12:40 PM

Ninnie,
I just wanted to say that you have motivated me to go up to the attic ( actually have my daughter climb through the scuttle hole to the attic) and get a quilt frame down that my friend gave me a long time ago. Have never set it up. I will have a queen size quilt to do and that will make it so much easier than the hoop. Hope it works and has all it's pieces. I know it is not nearly as nice as yours. Thanks....
liblueeyes

Rainbow 02-03-2010 01:05 PM

WONDERFUL DEMO....Keep us posted.