Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Cake Pincushion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/cake-pincushion-t17648.html)

tlrnhi 03-21-2009 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Kyiav10
I have this magazine and would love to try it, but I have never worked with a pattern before and know that I would screw it up royally. Maybe some day I will try it.

Great job on yours, looks good enough to eat!

Kyia :-)

Kyia....you'll never know until you try. Try it...I bet it's easier than you actually think it is!

Shemjo 03-21-2009 05:32 AM

Found the magazine at Hobby Lobby yesterday and used my coupon! I plan to try the cake pincushion after I go to a local guild quilt show! Have to celebrae National Quilting Day! :lol: :lol:

ania755 03-21-2009 07:11 AM

looks very testy :lol:

Roben 03-21-2009 07:35 AM

Kyia, Terri is right - trust me, if I can do it so can you! You just PM me if you get stuck. Everyone deserves a big piece of cake :lol:

Thank you all for your kind comments - I appreciate them all! I really like the idea of wedding favors - more so than my DD LOL!!!

butterflywing 03-21-2009 11:55 AM

WOW! with all these cake slices floating around here, we'll all end up looking like big ole' ...chocolate cakes!

adrianlee 03-21-2009 12:34 PM

hi again! Which magazine is the cake slice pattern in? Is it a recent publication?

Roben 03-21-2009 03:41 PM

It's in the Spring 2009 issue of Better Homes & Gardens Quilts and More magazine - I picked it up last week :-)

adrianlee 03-21-2009 09:24 PM

Thank-you, I'll watch for the issue next time I'm at the supermarket. Another cute and simple pincushion is making a big yo-yo. For those who may not know, it's a circle of fabric, any size you want, sew a running stitch around the edge, stuff the circle and then draw up the thread making a soft round ball. Use a button in the middle and sew center to back. Ta-da! Cute little pincustion. You may add a florist leaf or two by the button and then it's a fat flower. :)

tlrnhi 03-21-2009 10:07 PM

I went to the Navy Exchange today looking for that magazine. They used to carry about 6 different ones. When I went to the rack....NONE!! I asked the lady that worked in the book dept what happened to 1/2 the magazines they had and she said they downsized because most weren't being sold. LIAR!! They were being sold. What they did was to take out 4 rows of books and consolidated to make room for a stupid wide screen tv display by Sony. UGH!!!

adrianlee 03-22-2009 05:53 AM

Oh, I get upset when a store does that and it's generally a decision made from the top management who doesn't always know what is selling depending on the store location. I think Walmart and the fabric area is a good example of that. I hear some Walmarts don't carry fabrics any more. The WM I shop at a lot have been talking about taking out their fabrics but so far its still hanging in there. It's a superstore so maybe that makes a difference. I'll make the magazine area my first stop when I go shopping this coming week. I want to make a couple cake pincushions for birthday gifts, especially for my 'plump' friends who 'wintered' over pretty good. (I should talk, LOL)