Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Challenges of the Day..A gift of Love (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/challenges-day-gift-love-t153043.html)

aneternalpoet 09-14-2011 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today has been a day of waiting by the phone to hear of news about a grandson's medical appointments ..Many challenges have already been faced, and met, and sadly, more to come for little Ollie, our almost 11 month old.. * See " aneternalpoet's Oct Blessing" on the PDA section as his story is journaled there with photos *

As we have waited for news, I sewed today.. another scrappy quilt to be gifted to a dear friend in Colorado .. I am one to give blessings to others when I am in pain for whatever reason, and this quilt is to bless my friend, but to lift me up when I am feeling so broken today.. I just have to come up with ideas for a border using odd sized scraps with the same colors, as I have no other fabric for backing, and binding.. will now get real creative but thats the joy of scrappy quilting, is it not?

Patched 09-14-2011 08:08 PM

Like the colors, but especially like the layout.

Jim 09-14-2011 08:08 PM

beautiful...I pray all your worries are for naught and the medical issues be gone

aneternalpoet 09-14-2011 08:20 PM

Jim,

our little grandson was born without an optic nerve, and is blind, along with other neurological disabilities.. But his sight has not affected how he recieves, and feels love from all of us in the family.. Ollie might not see as we see, but he hears and feels love in a bigger way than we feel - and he is doubly blessed with so many quilters here on this board who have come to love him as their own..

We are truly blessed to have such support from so many here..

Originally Posted by Jim
beautiful...I pray all your worries are for naught and the medical issues be gone

LeslieFrost 09-14-2011 08:29 PM

That's a great way to work through a hard wait...to work for others. Your quilt is beautiful, I love the white blocks balancing against the color.

blueangel 09-14-2011 08:44 PM

I pray for your little grandson. Your quilt is beautiful.

Jim's Gem 09-14-2011 08:51 PM

Beautiful quilt Karen!!!!!!

Jammin' Jane 09-14-2011 08:53 PM

It's in giving that we receive. Your quilt is gorgeous!
I pray that you hear good news about Ollie.
Hugs to both of you!

Painiacs 09-15-2011 02:06 AM

Beautiful quilt! What talent u have!
Will keep Ollie in my prayers for healing. God has blessed him with a loving family and strength and endurance. Ur right he may not see like we do but has far more insight to his surroundings and situation than we know. Blessings and strength to You and the rest of the family.

Kitsapquilter 09-15-2011 07:03 AM

A pretty quilt came from your day of worrying and waiting. I am sure you will finish it up in grand fashion. Saying a prayer for your Little Ollie. He sounds like he is a happy baby. He will make an impression on so many people. Got Bless Him and your family!!