Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Christmas Socks For Soldiers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/christmas-socks-soldiers-t25693.html)

Feathers 09-19-2009 04:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
These are some of the socks I've made and will be passing off to the Operation Santa Project. I send this as a reminder that if you are making Christmas socks for the soldiers for Christmas the socks need to be to the Coordinator by October 1st. Thank you.

Socks can be mailed to:

CARRIE POOL
STOCKING COORDINATOR
OPERATION SANTA-USMC 2009
2753 43rd Ave. S,E.
Albany, Oregon 97322

Christmas Socks for Soldiers 2009
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17088[/ATTACH]

More Christmas Socks headed to Afganistan and Iraq 2009
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47174[/ATTACH]

sewjoyce 09-19-2009 06:19 AM

Wow -- they all look so nice! And thanks for the reminder!

SulaBug 09-19-2009 10:09 AM

Your Christmas socks turned
out great!! :D Do you make
them all year long? Thank you
again for the reminder.
:D :D :D :D :D

Feathers 09-20-2009 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Your Christmas socks turned
out great!! :D Do you make
them all year long? Thank you
again for the reminder.
:D :D :D :D :D

Sula Bug and SewJoyce:
Thank you for the compliments. No, I don't make the socks all year long. the bottom picture with the 11 socks are some I made in a couple hours one afternoon last week. They go together in minutes. What takes a bit of time is doing the fancy stitches across the cuff of the boot.

Feathers.

Feathers 09-20-2009 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
These are some of the socks I've made and will be passing off to the Operation Santa Project. I send this as a reminder that if you are making Christmas socks for the soldiers for Christmas the socks need to be to the Coordinator by October 1st. Thank you.

Socks can be mailed to:

CARRIE POOL
STOCKING COORDINATOR
2753 43rd Ave. S,E.
Albany, Oregon 97322

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO NEED TO CONTACT THE SANTA SOCKS ADMINISTRATOR HER NEW, NEW, NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS IS:

[email protected]

Any questions you have can be referred directly to Carrie at this address. She has indicated that they changed their e-mail address way back when but for some reason everything reverts BACK to the old address. They said it's been an on-going problem but are sure if you use the above e-mail address they'll get it.

I HAVE THE ADDRESS IN CAPITAL LETTERS BUT WHEN YOU USE THE ADDRESS IT'S ALL IN LOWER CASE LETTERS.

Skeat 09-20-2009 08:26 AM

Those look really great!! Great reminder too! Skeat

amma 09-20-2009 08:31 AM

Awesome!!! It is wonderful that you are making these for our service members :D :D :D

Feathers 12-14-2009 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers

Socks can be mailed to:

CARRIE POOL
STOCKING COORDINATOR
2753 43rd Ave. S,E.
Albany, Oregon 97322

Please go to the Christmas Socks for Soldiers 2009 topic under PICTURES thread on Page #3 to read the Thank you and Fact and figure note I received from Carrie Pool re: the Socks program for 2009. Thank you ALL of you....we did good for our soldiers.

Feathers aka Sandy