Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Colors ok?? UPDATED W/ MORE PICS (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/colors-ok-updated-w-more-pics-t3467.html)

Kyiav10 12-05-2007 11:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I posted this pic in another topic titled Help Please. I showed this to my sister and she does not like it. Good thing the quilt is not for her, haha. Anyway, I wanted to make sure the colors are ok together.

I am pretty sure this is the layout I want to use. It does read as a solid but I think I am going to use the glittery thread.

bj 12-05-2007 01:42 PM

I think the colors in the wings go very nicely together. The body stands out a little, but probably wouldn't with more than the one block. Is this the butterfly that you were trying to figure out how to paper piece? If it is, you did a good job on it.

Rebecca Chambley 12-05-2007 01:45 PM

Very soft looking, I think their fine, Once it's all together, it will be one of those quilts that you see and want to wrap in. But I'm a pastel, soft color person. They just look so soft to me.

azdesertrat 12-05-2007 02:04 PM

the colors are great together
no worries

Minda 12-05-2007 02:05 PM

I think the colors and very soft and pretty but, like Rebecca, I'm also partial to pastels.

Knot Sew 12-05-2007 02:39 PM

I go for bright most of the time, I like that . Show it again when you get a few more made. I love the leaves.......I think it will make up beautiful. You have done a great job so far :D

Kyiav10 12-05-2007 03:37 PM

Thank you all for the support and encouragement. Yes this is the block I was looking for help on. But I did not paper piece it, I figured out the measurements and went that way. Maybe I'll try a couple paper pieced just to say that I tried it. Thanks again. I will continue with these colors then. Kyia

GiGi 01-07-2008 01:10 PM

I have to agree with your Sister. The colors fad into themselves making it difficult to distinguish what you are trying to portray. Go to the hardware store and pick out color cards that are close to your choices and go from there. Hope this helps! :D

GiGi 01-07-2008 01:11 PM

I have to agree with your Sister. The colors fad into themselves making it difficult to distinguish what you are trying to portray. Go to the hardware store and pick out color cards that are close to your choices and go from there. Hope this helps! :D

GiGi 01-07-2008 02:37 PM

Loretta: There are alot of things one can use for free or a very low cost versus paying the $$$$ for name brand quilting items. Why pay for a color wheel when they are free at any hardware store? You can use a T-Square that you can buy at Big Lots or a Deals store for $1.00 that is MORE useful than a straight block ruler. Also, the FREE wood paint stirrers come in handy as they are straight. Old credit cards make great oblong's, old CD's make great circles as do old make-up jars! Just look around and see what you can use in your own home, it is amazing! Thanks for answering my comment. GiGi :D :lol: