Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Corn and Beans - draft - comments please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/corn-beans-draft-comments-please-t141590.html)

eeraemore 07-31-2011 09:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone - I'm new to EQ7 and am trying to come up witha design to use my stash of blues and greens. I designed this and I like it the way it is on EQ7 (probably with a dark border of some kind, maybe dark blue). But.... I think it has the potential also to be very ugly once it's put together. What do you think? I'd appreciate comments!!!

QuiltE 07-31-2011 09:04 AM

You have the start of a lovely quilt .... the trick will be in the blending of the colours. Enough variation to show your dark/light blocks as well as the green/blue differences.

And in the end, one stunning quilt can emerge!

alikat110 07-31-2011 09:04 AM

Well, I like the color combo. They are beautiful together. Are these the same blue and greens in your stash?

eeraemore 07-31-2011 09:08 AM

Thanks, QuiltE! Alikat, these are the colors in EQ7 but not my stash. I have some dark blues (lighter and "poppier" that navy) and medium blues. And lots of medium greens and two medium greens that are a little brighter (kind of like the ones in the picture).

I'm afraid to start! It think I might just make a few blocks first and see how it goes....

QuiltnNan 07-31-2011 09:57 AM

you should be able to scan your fabrics and add them to the library. i only have eq5, so not sure how it's done in eq7

Maia B 07-31-2011 10:23 AM

Likey!

QuiltE 07-31-2011 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by eeraemore
Thanks, QuiltE! Alikat, these are the colors in EQ7 but not my stash. I have some dark blues (lighter and "poppier" that navy) and medium blues. And lots of medium greens and two medium greens that are a little brighter (kind of like the ones in the picture).

I'm afraid to start! It think I might just make a few blocks first and see how it goes....

And thanks back to you! :)
I don't know EQ7, but from other threads/posts on this Board, is that not the program you can input your fabric and try it out in the layouts?

blueangel 07-31-2011 11:11 AM

I like it

eeraemore 07-31-2011 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, everyone, for your help. I made one block...I know I cut off some points (wasn't paying attention at the beginning), but I think I really like it!

The only thing I'm not quite sure about is the polka dot fabric (the lightest green). Does it go? Or, will it make it pop when it's all put together?

I guess I could spend the time and scan in my fabrics to the program and see how it all goes together! Worth the time before I do this. My husband requested a queen size, which takes 48 blocks.....sigh! We'll see what happens!

EasyPeezy 07-31-2011 01:04 PM

Very nice block. Should make a beautiful quilt when it's finished. Keep going. :thumbup: