Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   costly quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/costly-quilt-t38463.html)

hollyts1963 03-03-2010 12:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Was hired to make a quilt for a school auction. So far in the process my very expensive Janome 10000 suddenly stopped and instead of saying ver 3.00 said version 1666.44 ??? and ceased to function. Snowstorms in NJ (Janome headquarters) still have yet to know if it will work again. Very nice and extremely helpful staff at Cotton Patch said prognosis isn't good but they've kindly lent me a machine. The school wants photos of the process. I had just gone outside to get a photo of the top to send to the school my husbands fancy Manfrotto tripod fell snapping a leg and smashing my Lumix camera. On the upside I was able to retrieve the SD card with some tweezers and with great hesitation to touch another electronic device was able to email the photo using my husbands laptop,because mine is broken of course.

mom-6 03-03-2010 12:31 AM

There are definitely days when it is best to leave technology alone!

Love your quilt!

ConnieF 03-03-2010 12:50 AM

well when at the bottom there is only one way UP UP and UP
sorry for your bad day

watterstide 03-03-2010 12:55 AM

Boy,you really had a tough one! goodness! on the bright side, the quilt is awesome!
Here's to better days!

Stummel 03-03-2010 02:34 AM

Oh no - hope it lights up soon!
Btw, is this the Cotton Patch in the UK, because they are wonderful and sooo helpful!

melodylamour 03-03-2010 02:47 AM

I feel for ya girl, but my advice is to laugh about it and repeat to yourself, ain't nothing but a thang. If it makes ya feel any better, my 17 yr old fell at school yesterday first thing in the morning (has a bruise now about the size of a man's hand....then last night before going to band practice and church youth group, she dropped her hair straightener and broke that baby into several pieces. I had to spend close to $40 that I really didn't have, but hey I'd rather pinch pennies later than to deal with 2 teen daughters freakin' out cause they can't do anything with their hair at 5:30 in the morning...Oh wait, it's 5:45am right now and ahhhhhhhhhh nice and smooth morning so far. Shhhhhhh mel, don't jinx it, lol Have a great day Holly ;-)

mrspete 03-03-2010 04:32 AM

Life is tedious, and then there's quilting. ~sigh~
Maybe today will be better for you.

quiltingfan 03-03-2010 04:48 AM

Sending you warm wished that today will be a better day.

knlsmith 03-03-2010 04:51 AM

Are you sure we aren't related! Lol. Sounds like one of my days.

earlylace 03-03-2010 05:49 AM

Never fails, when you are doing something really special for something or someone specials, there are always snags! Ripping out seams, broken stuff, can't find stuff,on and on. Maybe we should do our quilting for no reason at all, might work out better! LOL