Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Daughters b-day quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/daughters-b-day-quilt-t5608.html)

tlrnhi 03-26-2008 01:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I made this for my youngest for her b-day last year.
Since it was a surprise for her, I just tied it. Didn't have time to hand/machine quilt it as she would see it on the machine/table and I wanted it to be a surprise for her

bj 03-26-2008 01:36 PM

Very cute. I love the pink and black theme. I was reading your comments on another post. Is this the one she picked out the colors and helped cut? How old is she? She did a nice job choosing her fabrics.

PamH 03-26-2008 01:37 PM

That is just toooooo cute, I love the pink and black and the cats. I'm sure your daughter loves it.

Chele 03-26-2008 01:48 PM

What great fabrics! I know your daughter loved it!

Knot Sew 03-26-2008 01:53 PM

So how you going to top this? A beautiful quilt..........I bet she loves it :D

tlrnhi 03-26-2008 01:54 PM

This isn't the one she helped with. I can't seem to find that one in the clutter of her room. This one is the one she mostly sleeps with. I'm sure the other one is in a basket/box/drawer/under the bed. Who knows.....
This one, I was visiting a friend in WA and we went to Joanns. Saw this fabric in a little kit they had and went looking for it. Thought it would be cute for a quilt for her. Bought 4 yards of each of the fabric, except the black....found that at Walmart, along with the white that is on the back and front.
Left my friends house in WA and traveled on to VA to another friend who sat down with me and we found the pattern. Just Can't Cut It is the pattern. I made the top at her house, then brought it home and finished it.
It was her 17th birthday and I just did not know what to get her, other than her trip to Maui.

Harmony 03-26-2008 03:00 PM

Cute colors. I especially like the striped fabric on the inner border and the binding!

tlrnhi 03-26-2008 03:05 PM

The best part she likes about it is....at the top, if you look closely, it is embroidered CAT. That's what her friends call her. I never call her that, but she loved it that I put that there. :)

As to topping that? Well....I just wish I had pics of my other quilts I made. I might have some hiding on this computer somewhere. The most favorite one I made was a pattern I found on McCall's website. Can't remember the name of it, but made it in purples. I fell in love with it, but when I started making it, it was a Christmas gift to my MIL. I hated parting with it and told her so, but I know in the end, it will come back to me, if I can snatch it from one of the SIL who also loves it.

amma 03-26-2008 04:42 PM

Very Pretty! I have always liked pinks and blacks together :D

tlrnhi 03-26-2008 07:29 PM

She wanted a pink quilt. Kept getting on me that everyone else had a quilt and she didn't have one. Had to keep reminding her that she made one, so she had one. She said, no...I want one that YOU make.
So, I finally broke down and made her one.
Now, if I can only get one made for myself!!