Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A day at the lake with friends (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/day-lake-friends-t6808.html)

lin 05-04-2008 10:55 AM

One of my quilting friends has a beautiful lake-side cabin right on the edge of a bluff overlooking a gorgeous cove. The lake looks (and is) really muddy because of all the torrential rain we've had that has flooded the lake quite badly. She has a huge downstairs walk-out room that holds a basting frame that her dh built for her. She's had several retreats out there as you can fit about 12 women comfortably overnight. Lots of fun!!

You have to take a rather treacherous road down to the cabin ("4-wheel-drive-only-and-close-your-eyes-unless-you're-driving" kind of road :lol: ) but it's worth it all once you arrive. Beautiful upper and lower decks for a view no matter where you are in the cabin.

We spent the entire day basting (and eating, and bird-watching and eating and gossiping and eating) one of my (older) tops and now it's finally under the needle!

quiltwoman 05-04-2008 11:07 AM

How fun! What a great place to catch up with friends and get some good old fashioned quilting done.

I'm jealous. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time.
Julie

beachlady 05-04-2008 12:25 PM

Looks like a lot of fun was had by all. Nice quilt.

Knot Sew 05-04-2008 12:27 PM

I love natural light when sewing..........what a great room :D

Jaynie 05-04-2008 03:47 PM

What great fun for you all!!! We just recently moved into our lakeside home and I can't wait to have some of my quilting girlfriends over for a quilting party/retreat/girls night!!! How did you arrange meals. Did you prepare most things ahead so you didn't have to stop quilting?Looks like everyone had a fun time. I would love some suggestions.

tlrnhi 05-04-2008 03:52 PM

Wow! Looks like everyone was/is having a great time!
Pretty quilt too!

lin 05-04-2008 04:13 PM

Jaynie, we all pitched in and brought a different type of food. Some dessert, some salad, sandwich fixins, drinks, etc. We never want to have to spend time fixing food when we could be quilting :) We didn't expect our hostess to provide anything. She was already doing all the driving as she's the only one with a 4-wheel drive to get us down there! I just bet you're going to have sooooo much fun when you finally get to have your friends over for a girls' night out. We've had several at different houses and we always mangage to have fun. We even stay out of trouble for the most part. :lol:

MissTreated 05-04-2008 07:14 PM

Lots of fun! It looks great. We went to one of the local lakes today, it was still in ice. No leaves, cold outside, but does that stop the mosquitos? NO!!! So, needless to say, I am a little envious!!! :D

M

lin 05-04-2008 07:18 PM

In ice??? BRRRRRRR!! It was chilly the day we went, but nothing like the kinda cold you musta felt. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around ice this time of year! It's not fair that there were mosquitos. Just. not. fair. :D Hopefully soon you'll be enjoying some warmer weather.

Harmony 05-04-2008 07:58 PM

Wow, I'm jealous! I've found that time spent with my girlfriends is the best time of all--we're all so relaxed around each other. Looks like that's true of you and your friends, too!