Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Diamond rows are sewn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/diamond-rows-sewn-t4936.html)

henryparrish76 03-04-2008 07:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
the diamond rows are sewn....now I just have to put them all together and then its choosing a border...

Update: 3rd Picture down are the first few rows sewn together

Page 2 has the completed one but i made a boo boo.......:( not too bad but still bothers me alittle

Kyiav10 03-04-2008 08:24 PM

Doing good Henry. Can't wait to see it all together.

Kyia

henryparrish76 03-04-2008 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)

The first few rows sewn together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4580[/ATTACH]

Barb M 03-04-2008 10:01 PM

Looks gorgeous Henry. You're doing a better job than i would. First time i tried sewing squares together, i tried sewing them together in rows like that, and no matter how hard i tried, it came out looking like a wavy ocean lol. uhg But your looks really really great, really awesome Henry. You're gonna look so cute all wrapped up in that :) Hey, hmmm...i learned to join squares different after that. I learned if you sew a few patches into a square, like say 4 squares by 4 squares, then you can press it, lay it on a cutting mat, and just re-trim any small waves that have gotten into it, and kinda do the whole thing in large squares that get trimmed. Kinda gets rid of the wave i was getting. Course, after that i learned to strip quilt...wanna learn how to strip Henry? I can teach you, it's real easy, fast, and fun lol

signitwright 03-05-2008 06:27 AM

Henry, You continue to amaze me :!: :!: :!: Wonderful job. Feel free to send that quilt to my house. Save Cathy and me some time. (We won't have to sneak into your house for your stash.) hhhmmm....... Cathy, new plan. We just wait til Henry makes a quilt and THEN we sneak in and confiscate the finished quilt. :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Pam W.

tia sarah 03-05-2008 06:34 AM

love your color choice. can't wait to see it finished.

ceannastahr 03-05-2008 07:06 AM

loooking goood. Will be very pretty when done.

Cathy M 03-05-2008 07:35 AM

Pam that is such a great idea!!! I sent him some of those squares, little did he know that he was going to lose them after he did all the work hahahhaha.... Henry does indeed do an awesome job sewing- he definitely has the gift! If you need his home address to send him stuff to sew for you, let me know :):):)

bj 03-05-2008 08:18 AM

It's lookin' good Henry. Every time you post, I see progress! You've come a good ways since you started. Keep it up kiddo! Of course, you may have to get bars on the windows and doors to keep Pam and Cathy out!

henryparrish76 03-05-2008 03:04 PM

Thanks Barb. :) I needed your post to make me smile after my hard day at work.