Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Disappearing 9 block--TOP DONE! New Pic added (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/disappearing-9-block-top-done-new-pic-added-t10802.html)

tlrnhi 09-02-2008 03:34 AM

Thanks Renee

tarib 09-02-2008 03:52 AM

very pretty. The border really sets it off.

Marcia 09-02-2008 04:06 AM

Terri-looks like you have been having fun! (Next thing you know we will have a whole thread of everyone's disappearing nine patch-it seems to be really catching on. :) ) It must go together really quickly. Fun quilt!!!

Izy 09-02-2008 04:13 AM

Real purtee!! lingo catching on now...... :lol: I was wondering how to quilt it.....think I will go through the diagonal through the big squares.....we will see!! :D

Bevanger 09-02-2008 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I see! Well, I don't have any wall space in my room. My book case takes the only wall that it would fit on. I don't have ANY pictures up on the walls :(
I have pain in the arse landlords who said that in order for me to put pictures on the walls, I have to hire this lady who will do it for me. NOT!! So, instead of arguing with the landlords, we just don't have any up. I do have framed pictures in the house on bookcases and such, so it's not a pictureless house. I just can't have my fine art up :(

My old Landlord in our last house was the same way. I had to buy these peel & stick hooks to hang pics. I bought them at Walmart.

Bevanger 09-02-2008 04:16 AM

Ok, I tried it. It's not bad. Was pretty easy, but I thought I had enough blocks to make this, but had to go thru my entire stash to find coordinating colors. That was the hard part. I don't have many pastels, but I made do.
It's not sewn, just layed the blocks out

If you see any blocks that should be moved, let me know.

Ok let me get this straight. You make a nine patch... And then cut it in four? That part I get lost on. Maybe I can find a picture step by step tutorial... I sure like yours and if its scrappy.... its right up my alley :D

tlrnhi 09-02-2008 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Marcia
Terri-looks like you have been having fun! (Next thing you know we will have a whole thread of everyone's disappearing nine patch-it seems to be really catching on. :) ) It must go together really quickly. Fun quilt!!!

It does go together really fast, sort of. Just sewing all those blocks together was getting tedious!
I think I'm going to try a 2 color one. That way, I can strip it. :)

tlrnhi 09-02-2008 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bevanger

I see! Well, I don't have any wall space in my room. My book case takes the only wall that it would fit on. I don't have ANY pictures up on the walls :(
I have pain in the arse landlords who said that in order for me to put pictures on the walls, I have to hire this lady who will do it for me. NOT!! So, instead of arguing with the landlords, we just don't have any up. I do have framed pictures in the house on bookcases and such, so it's not a pictureless house. I just can't have my fine art up :(

My old Landlord in our last house was the same way. I had to buy these peel & stick hooks to hang pics. I bought them at Walmart.

I'm not even going to get those, Bev. Don't want to mar their walls that need repainting. Not giving them ANY excuse to not give us back the entire security deposit. AND...the best thing? They HAVE to give it back within 3 days of us moving out. These people are BROKE, BROKE, BROKE! lol And, once I get their check, I'm going STRAIGHT to THEIR bank to cash it. Mean, huh? lol

tlrnhi 09-02-2008 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bevanger

Ok, I tried it. It's not bad. Was pretty easy, but I thought I had enough blocks to make this, but had to go thru my entire stash to find coordinating colors. That was the hard part. I don't have many pastels, but I made do.
It's not sewn, just layed the blocks out

If you see any blocks that should be moved, let me know.

Ok let me get this straight. You make a nine patch... And then cut it in four? That part I get lost on. Maybe I can find a picture step by step tutorial... I sure like yours and if its scrappy.... its right up my alley :D

Yes, Bev. Make a 9 patch. Square the block, then cut thru the center of it, to make 4 blocks. Then just arrange and sew. Yes, you can make it scrappy!

tlrnhi 09-02-2008 04:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, it now has the Cat Seal of Approval!

Big boy Kit-Kit aka Kuhio thinks it's great!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17399[/ATTACH]