Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Disappearing 9p--disappeared veteran's quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/disappearing-9p-disappeared-veterans-quilt-t200562.html)

Chris Anders 09-15-2012 05:45 PM

wow! He will be so thankful to receive such a beautiful gift. Amazing. Great Job!

PhotoKevin 09-15-2012 09:08 PM

Kudos to you, and please, thank him for his service from me as well!

luvstoquilt301 09-16-2012 03:07 AM

It is just fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!

heather1949 09-16-2012 03:27 AM

Its beautiful,he's at that age he will be telling everyone about it when he gets the quilt,well done.

dove 09-16-2012 04:30 AM

that's a great quilt...very creative...

Tweety2911 09-16-2012 07:29 AM

A very wonderful quilt and sure to be so loved and cherished!

deedum 09-16-2012 05:23 PM

Bless you! It will mean so much to him! I saw that show and was so inspired. I have picked out material and have a plan to make a quilt for a vietnam veteran who we have known for years! I was certainly proud of all the efforts by the wonderful quilters who made and donated quilts to service men and woman at Fort Hood and other places. Just goes to show us, that there are still wonderful, caring people in the world who serves our country with their heart and soul at so many levels.
I made my dh a Marine quilt 2 yrs ago and he loved it. Need to make our son one also, he also was stationed at Fort Hood when he served..gee I got lots of sewing to do!

Quilter 65 09-16-2012 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by deedum (Post 5519635)
Bless you! It will mean so much to him! I saw that show and was so inspired. I have picked out material and have a plan to make a quilt for a vietnam veteran who we have known for years! I was certainly proud of all the efforts by the wonderful quilters who made and donated quilts to service men and woman at Fort Hood and other places. Just goes to show us, that there are still wonderful, caring people in the world who serves our country with their heart and soul at so many levels.
I made my dh a Marine quilt 2 yrs ago and he loved it. Need to make our son one also, he also was stationed at Fort Hood when he served..gee I got lots of sewing to do!

Thank you all for the kind comments. He is a very dear soul that I didn't even know about 14 months ago. As my mother used to say, "he doesn't have many of this world's goods," which was her way of saying "as poor as a church mouse." Any consolation that he can receive at this stage of his life, he has well deserved. For those of you who have made QOV for so many years, bless your efforts.

twinkie 09-17-2012 04:38 AM

I think you did a wonfderful job. I know it will bring tears to his eyes. GOD Bless

Blinkokr 09-17-2012 05:04 AM

Just wonderful, great job and thank you for sharing, but I am parcel, old Navy gal married to old Navy guy.
Have a Blessed day
Ellen