Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Do you all decorate your homes with your quilts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/do-you-all-decorate-your-homes-your-quilts-t198550.html)

Jingle 08-24-2012 07:29 PM

I have very little wall space, no quilts on my walls. I have a couple in living room to be used. Most of mine has been given away. The ones I have are put away. I do have about six or so I alternate on our bed. I have a small house and I don't want cats laying on them.
Your quilts are gorgeous and you have so much wall space, they sure make your house look like a home.

GreatStarter 08-24-2012 07:31 PM

It makes your house so personal and lovely! Anyone who enters your home must feel the time and artistry you put into each and every quilted piece. Great going!!!!!!

Kat

raedar63 08-24-2012 08:54 PM

What a beautiful home you have . I do wish I had open spaces to do this . I live in an old home that is very small but it is paid for in the country on 200 plus acres so it's all good . I just make thing and give them away or use them to cover up :)

LoisM 08-24-2012 09:52 PM

Oh, how beautiful. They make your home so warm and inviting...and what gorgeous family heirlooms they will be. I've only made baby quilts and those are given away, of course. But you've inspired me to consider making at least a small wall hanging.

QM 08-24-2012 09:55 PM

Most of my quilts are utilitarian, but yes, I do. I have quilts for window covers. We have an armoire separating my sewing area from the living room. There is a bedquilt on the back of that. etc.

Anael 08-24-2012 10:20 PM

The one in my avatar is hanging in my living room and in winter there's one on my bed. Three are living in my livingroom in a basket waiting for anyone who's cold or want to take a nap on the couch :D I made a few for the entrance to alternate.
Your quilts are gorgeous!

Jill B 08-24-2012 11:18 PM

Thanks for all your replies :)
I have less wall space in this new house; our previous house was much bigger and I had quilts and wallhangings everywhere! I do have space for a few more smaller quilts if I can convince DH to put more holes in the walls ;)

ScubaK 08-25-2012 01:22 AM

I think they are all lovely.
How do you hang them?
K

nygal 08-25-2012 02:53 AM

Your rooms look lovely. I especially love the quilt that is on the bed. They all look great.

Sandygirl 08-25-2012 03:00 AM

no, I don't but there is a reason. We have too many windows in my house. (never too many windows, actually!) and we don't have that much "wall" space. We live in a farmhouse and, unlike the new houses, we have windows on ALL fours sides of it. I have artwork packed away that I have not had any place to hang since moving to this house. So, no, I dont hang any quilt projects on the walls. Except in my sewing room. I do have wallhangings. In the living areas, I do have table runners etc in places that are horizontal.

Now, thinking about this, I should make a fun kitchen themed wallhanging. Ironically, the wall next to my kitchen table is large and BARE of anything hanging on it! hmmmm......good idea! Thanks!
sandy