Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Doesn't it just tick you off...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/doesnt-just-tick-you-off-t71253.html)

Prissnboot 10-20-2010 08:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Don't you hate it when you labor over something, rip out endless seams to get it just right, only to show it to your non-quilting friends and have them say "Oh, that's nice."

Nice? NICE? Do you have ANY IDEA how long it took me to make this? You try working your fingers to the bone till all hours of the night, with the dog yapping to be let outside, only to be answered time and time again "just one more part, I promise". Stick your fingertips with pins and needles (and I'm not even a diabetic) repeatedly...I could go on and on.....

NICE? These people need some lessons in admiration and adulation! At least I know the recipient of the quilt this will go into will very much appreciate it - it's for my MOM, my biggest sewing fan!

Jabear617 10-20-2010 08:44 AM

I can just hear you saying that! I sit here laughing, I think you are totally cool! I don't Quilt yet but love quilts so very much and know the love that is put into them. I love Quilts!

Prissnboot 10-20-2010 08:47 AM

Hey Joan, what part of Texas are you in? And I love the fact that you joined this board on my Birthday!!!!!

amma 10-20-2010 08:49 AM

You learn to let it roll off :wink: and not let it bother you... I find it hard to get excited over some of their passions too, like golf for instance :shock: :D:D:D

wolfkitty 10-20-2010 08:53 AM

Happy birthday, prissnboots!
I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that you were addressing 'non-quilters.' Can't really expect them to understand all the love, blood, sweat, and tears you (and all of us) put into our quilts. You can either try to educate them as to 'the real story' or just consider the source and move on, knowing there are many here who do understand, and come here to commiserate! Many, many good listeners here! Glad your mom appreciates your hard work, since that's who it is for!

JenniePenny 10-20-2010 09:15 AM

What a pretty quilted diamond!

I agree with wolfkitty. We'll be here for you.

sharon b 10-20-2010 09:17 AM

I hear you - but like Amma said, I am sure we get that same expression on our face, with the same tone of voice when they mention something they get excited about and we have to be polite :roll: Bowling a perfect game, hitting a hole in one, decorating a cake, etc...

Just learn to go with the flow :lol:

franie 10-20-2010 09:19 AM

This struck and stuck this morning--yes it is still morning here in Alaska!

gotthebug 10-20-2010 09:42 AM

What really chaps my hide is when non quilters offer their opinion of what you should have done differently. I just want to strangle them, but then again when they do this I simply add their names to the "will not receive a gift quilt from me" list.

Prissnboot 10-20-2010 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by gotthebug
What really chaps my hide is when non quilters offer their opinion of what you should have done differently. I just want to strangle them, but then again when they do this I simply add their names to the "will not receive a gift quilt from me" list.

(in all caps) love it! I get sewing suggestions all the time from one particular person, but I just take it in stride. She's just trying to help, but I figure it's already done, if she wants it done differently, here's a seam ripper, have at it!