Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   From Don-isewman--Need a little help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/don-isewman-need-little-help-t215353.html)

isewman 03-03-2013 09:36 AM

From Don-isewman--Need a little help

1 Attachment(s)
Any suggestions, or comments, any advice. I made these 2 blocks, for a lady friend. She ask me if I would make her a quilt for her grandaughter. She gave me 5 different colores. 2 of the colors are in this quilt. The other 3 are a marble orange-- a yellow print/background-with yellow flowers--and a medium green, with odd figures in it...Of the 2 which would you go with. The background material, I had.. The pattern I'm going to use is "Ellens star"-/-quilterscache.com..Any changes please tell me. And I gave her a cost of makeing 24 blocks--$150.00. Any help-suggestions. I think the star block with the lighter backgrounds, stand out, as being the bigger star. Also, 1 more ???. I took 3 pictures of my dogs out here in my sewing room, sitting on a shelf, in front of the 2 windows faceing the street. Is there a place they can be posted. I wasnt sure of posting them in the picture section. There out here with me protecting my material &(me). Don-isewman[ATTACH=CONFIG]399462[/ATTACH]

ArtsyOne 03-03-2013 09:42 AM

I think I like the stars without the red squares in the corners - they seem to stand out a lot more.

Ann912 03-03-2013 09:46 AM

I would make the second star.

breannabelle 03-03-2013 09:47 AM

I agree. The block with the red squares takes away from the big white star - it just gets lost. But I DO like the red triangles against the purple square. Maybe a hybrid of the two blocks... ?

Quiltngolfer 03-03-2013 09:53 AM

I like the second one too. The stars are more defined. I love that pattern! Nice work.

postal packin' mama 03-03-2013 10:01 AM

Second one, definitely, in my humble opinion. You do such nice work, Don.

RE:dog photos -- maybe post them in "Chit-Chat/non-quilting" section? I love the pet photos.

nativetexan 03-03-2013 10:23 AM

oh yes, the one on the right is great!!!

Helen S 03-03-2013 10:23 AM

Don, I think you're right in that the one with the white background stands out more, while the one with the small pink squares makes one want to study it a bit more. It's more interesting to look in in my opinion, but again, I think the one with more white makes the center star more visible and it's colors are the ones you want to draw from with the yellow, orange and green. They're both a striking pattern! I hope you do something great with the one you don't use!

TacoMama 03-03-2013 11:10 AM

I would go with the first one. It's very pretty.

mighty 03-03-2013 12:49 PM

I like them both but would go with the one on the right. They are very beautiful!!!!! You can post your pick of your babies in General Chit chat I would love to see them!!!!!