Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Dresden-esque Heart? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/dresden-esque-heart-t192829.html)

Neesie 06-26-2012 09:32 AM

Dresden-esque Heart?

2 Attachment(s)
I posted these, on another thread. Got bored, one day, so decided try creating a Dresden Heart. It's not great but maybe it'll provide a start, for someone. They need to have seam allowances added.
For the record, I drew these myself and haven't copied anyone's work. Bigger or smaller hearts can be used, in the centers.

-with 19 sections
[ATTACH=CONFIG]344808[/ATTACH]
-with 20 sections
[ATTACH=CONFIG]344809[/ATTACH]

joobee 06-26-2012 09:48 AM

That's lovely. The heart is to be appliqued in the center, correct? I would maybe change the rounded edges to points as they seem be easier for me to work with.

Tweety2911 06-26-2012 10:36 AM

Beautiful design!

Ageless 06-26-2012 10:39 AM

Neesie, I like your idea very much and have already made a copy of it. Thanks for your work. I couldn't draw it for the life of me! Hope I get at least one block made some day! I dont' have a bucket list. I have a TUB list. LOL Thanks again.

mom-6 06-26-2012 10:40 AM

Oh, those are lovely! Would make a beautiful wedding gift... pillow, wall hanging, quilt...I see lots of possibilities.

ranger 06-26-2012 10:59 AM

Nessie, I am going to make a copy of it.
Thanks so much for doing this.
ranger.

Neesie 06-26-2012 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by joobee (Post 5318432)
That's lovely. The heart is to be appliqued in the center, correct? I would maybe change the rounded edges to points as they seem be easier for me to work with.

Yes, the heart would be appliqued. I looked at a regular Dresden Plate pattern and it seems the easiest way to do the rounded ends, is to connect the section sides, then applique the entire "plate", turning under the curved ends. I've never done one, so am just going by my research. . . but it doesn't sound that difficult, if the entire "plate" is then treated as a giant applique.

I have seen a pretty picture of one, with pointed ends . . . but I'm not sure it'd be easier. Seems like it'd be hard to get the angle just right. Would love to see your version, made! :)

Neesie 06-26-2012 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ageless (Post 5318559)
Neesie, I like your idea very much and have already made a copy of it. Thanks for your work. I couldn't draw it for the life of me! Hope I get at least one block made some day! I dont' have a bucket list. I have a TUB list. LOL Thanks again.

Thanks but I can't take credit, for the idea. There was a recent post, in which several QB members were looking for a Dresden Heart pattern. Doesn't seem to be any free ones, online. Anyway, I just thought it'd be kinda fun, to make one. :)

I hope it proves to be useful. Personally, I prefer the 19-section one (the first picture).

beatys9 06-26-2012 11:51 AM

This is a neat idea - can't wait to see it brought to life.

burchquilts 06-26-2012 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by ranger (Post 5318599)
Nessie, I am going to make a copy of it.
Thanks so much for doing this.
ranger.

Me, too! You are an angel for doing this! I've been looking all over for this pattern! THANKS!!!