Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Drunkards Path Bookmark Class Pictures!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/drunkards-path-bookmark-class-pictures-t40768.html)

Rhonda 03-29-2010 04:51 PM

Lookin great OQF!! So how do you feel about the process? I love your fabric choices.

OrchidQuiltFish(OQF) 03-29-2010 05:08 PM

Thank you Rhonda.

After I squared up the first block I said "wow" these are small. However, I remembered the DJ blocks and if I did those I can also do this.

Looking forward to the part 2.

kygirl 03-30-2010 12:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, I've got lesson 1 done. I'm making 2 bookmarks, me & DH. First mini I'm attempting, it's different, but could become additive.

OrchidQuiltFish(OQF) 03-30-2010 02:59 AM

kygirl,

I love your fabric. Your blocks look so much nicer than mine. Lovely work.

Rhonda 03-30-2010 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by kygirl
OK, I've got lesson 1 done. I'm making 2 bookmarks, me & DH. First mini I'm attempting, it's different, but could become additive.

Lookin good kygirl. I do like your fabric too! Will be fun to see everybody's finished bookmarks!

So any comments on the process? Like or dislike anything? Was it hard to do or easy to do?

bopeep 03-30-2010 03:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This class is a lot of fun...I can't wait for #2..
Here is what I have done so far....I am waiting on my little rulers..but I went ahead and cut these the best I could with two rulers I have....I am going to make two bookmarks too....I have the first ones cut already...the other one will be out of the same fabric but I am reversing the colors.....
bopeep

Rhonda 03-30-2010 04:00 PM

Looks great retrogirl!! I like reds alot so I like your fabrics!

Anyone who has EQ can go in and play with designs and colors and turn blocks to see what happens. It's a lot of fun! If you don't have a software program you can use graph paper and cut out paper blocks and turn them to see what designs you get. Play with the color and challenge yourself to see what you can come up with. Color makes a big big differance in designing. Just changing the color can give you a whole new look.

brookemarie19 03-30-2010 04:00 PM

Everything looks great so far... all look awesome. I have my circles done just have to make the squares (hopefully tomorrow).

kygirl 03-30-2010 10:05 PM

So far, your steps and pics have made the process very easy and fun. I'm enjoying working with the tiny. The only time consuming part was removing the paper circles after the starch had dried. I kinda tore them in half so I wouldn't disturb the fabric.

Rhonda 03-30-2010 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by kygirl
So far, your steps and pics have made the process very easy and fun. I'm enjoying working with the tiny. The only time consuming part was removing the paper circles after the starch had dried. I kinda tore them in half so I wouldn't disturb the fabric.

I'm glad it's going well for you! Everyone will find their own way to figure out the yoyos I am sure. As long as you get the right size that is all that matters.