Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   An emergency quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/emergency-quilt-t48960.html)

Maride 06-09-2010 06:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I got a call from a friend on Friday. I made her a quilt for her grand daughter 4 years ago ( her son's daughter). It has butterflies, is extremely simple, and she loves it. He daughter had a baby boy in December. She leaves next week to visit her daughter in South Carolina. She got a call from her daughter complaining that I made a quilt for the girl but have not made one for her son yet. My friend called me and asked what to get as fabrics and threads, etc. She knows I can not give away a quilt right now, so she went on Saturday to our LQS and they helped her all she needed. She came with the materials on Sunday and I started working on it right away. I just finished it.

Pam 06-09-2010 06:35 AM

Very cute and a GREAT emergency design.

thismomquilts 06-09-2010 06:37 AM

love it!

MistyMarie 06-09-2010 06:38 AM

The quilting is great! Good job. Personally, I cannot imagine complaining that someone did not make one of my kids a quilt when they made the other one a quilt. I can understand if she would have asked politely if she could pay you for your time and all the materials because she didn't want her son to feel slighted, but to complain? Ouch. You must really be a sweetheart because I would have probably said, SORRY and left it at that.

Maride 06-09-2010 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
The quilting is great! Good job. Personally, I cannot imagine complaining that someone did not make one of my kids a quilt when they made the other one a quilt. I can understand if she would have asked politely if she could pay you for your time and all the materials because she didn't want her son to feel slighted, but to complain? Ouch. You must really be a sweetheart because I would have probably said, SORRY and left it at that.

She complained to her mother and she is the one I am making the quilt for. My time and effort will be well compensated for. Let's put it this way: My friend is a great tipper. She will bring the quilt to her daughter. I am well aware there is a lot of issues between her daughter and her daughter in law and I am not surprised this issue happened. I have heard some amazing stories about jealousy from them.

It amuses me, because I have 2 siblings and I am the only one away from home. My sister gets to see my Mom any time she wants and my brother is across the street from her and she takes care of his kids. I am not a bit jealous of whatever either one of them gets from her. I am just happy to be able to talk to her any time I want.

mytwopals 06-09-2010 06:50 AM

Nice job and in record time, too. Kudos. :thumbup:

sharon b 06-09-2010 06:55 AM

What a great quilt ! You do good work --when the heat is one :wink: --- At least your friend realized the quilt was not made due to lack of funds and not because you didn't want to :lol:

1quilt_gma 06-09-2010 07:07 AM

You are a nice person..nice quilt

Barbm 06-09-2010 07:22 AM

emergency quilter- hmmm, maybe I need you close by- I always seem to have emergency requests.

pab58 06-09-2010 07:22 AM

I really like it!!! :thumbup: