Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Everybody's Duck! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/everybodys-duck-t213392.html)

barnbum 02-09-2013 12:33 PM

Everybody's Duck!

6 Attachment(s)
I'm going to be a grandma in May! I have several crib quilts for grandbabies saved, but my d-i-l decided on a duck theme. So...in searching--this is the pattern I fell in love with. I used all fabrics from my stash. The outer border makes a bold statement, so I checked with Jenny first to make sure she liked it. She loved it! I needed to tie the border into the center, so I sort of fussy cut some squares from the border fabric for the blocks in the lattice. I kept the yellow/greens inside and the reds/purples to the outer edge. Jenny picked out a flannel back that is a bold stripe. It's in the mail. And the icing is feline fanatic is going to quilt this for me! Yay!! :)

I had to relearn howappliquéique and drawing the accent marks on the ducks made me crazy--but it came out fine.

The first picture shows the top before borders.

Now to make three Talk-About Books for this first grandchild.... :)

Pollytink 02-09-2013 12:37 PM

Love those ducks!!! and you did a great job of tying the border in with the little sashing blocks. that border fabric is great too.....baby will love finding things in it. Where did you find the duck pattern?

Grace creates 02-09-2013 12:37 PM

The ducks are so adorable and I love the border print. Enjoy being a Grandma and it appears that you are sure preparing by the looks of this beautiful quilt.

lallyann 02-09-2013 12:37 PM

awwww! This is adorable! I think the border print works wonderfully with the ducks. I love the little blue flower print too. In the one picture you posted it looks like the duck and the frog are carrying on a lovely conversation! I love your happy quilt and best wishes for the Grandbaby-to-be-here-in-May!! :)

Pollytink 02-09-2013 12:40 PM

Hey! Forgot to add Congratulations on becoming a Grandma!!! And how DID you do the eyes and accent marks on the ducks? Love them!

barnbum 02-09-2013 12:41 PM

Pollytink--if you google Everybody's Duck--you should find the pattern. It is out of print in some places and I only found one place in the US that had it.

The eyes and accent marks are done with a permanent marker--called foultra finene, but I ended up using fine on most. Not my strength at all! The eyes started bleeding a bit on the lightest fabric--but it stopped. Whew!

Jenny is painting the baby's room yellow--so I tied that in as much as possible. I loved how the inner border tied the yellow and blue in.

My son and his wife live just 10 minutes away from us--so this will be very exciting.

liking quilting 02-09-2013 12:52 PM

Congratulations on the up-coming baby. It's getting a wonderful quilt; you do great work.

tesspug 02-09-2013 12:55 PM

Congratulations. Those look like Dancing Ducks!

ladydeluxe 02-09-2013 12:58 PM

Love the ducks, great quilt.

Tartan 02-09-2013 01:01 PM

​Sew adorable! Congratulations Grandma!