Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Extreme minis! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/extreme-minis-t43665.html)

Rhonda 04-23-2010 12:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I saw these in a local quilt shop but didn't have my camera with me. I just found them in another quilt shop yesterday and had my camera so I took photos.

These are just amazing to me!! They are all no larger than 1 1/2" and most are closer to 1". You can kind of tell in the picture how small they are in comparison to the jewelry hanging close by. The lady that makes them puts them in these little boxes that have a keychain loop on them. These are paper pieced.

These designs are in the book Small Blocks Stunning Quilts

Amazing!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11713[/ATTACH]

More amazing little quilts!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11856[/ATTACH]

sharon b 04-23-2010 12:44 PM

WOW So tiny :shock: I can not imagine working with something so small

virtualbernie 04-23-2010 01:38 PM

My eyesight and fat fingers wouldn't let me work on something that small. :)

Marjpf 04-23-2010 01:39 PM

Wow - you could almost make them into earrings! What patience she must have.

Rhonda 04-23-2010 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Marjpf

They have little links on them so they could be used as earrings but they are $22 to $24 each. Expensive earrings at least for me!

jljack 04-23-2010 03:32 PM

I'd be crosseyed and hogtied by the time I got those done!! WOW!! :roll: :roll: :shock:

sewjoyce 04-23-2010 03:44 PM

Wow--now that is TINY!! But they are all beautiful! And when will we see some things as small as this from you?? :lol: :lol:

Dawn Hendrix 04-23-2010 03:45 PM

SO small yet SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Rhonda 04-23-2010 04:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Wow--now that is TINY!! But they are all beautiful! And when will we see some things as small as this from you?? :lol: :lol:

Maybe when I have time to play. I have done some almost this small. Before I started selling to Kalona I used to do all my sewing by hand. I didn't even know how to use my sewing machine for this back then. I did learn to sew clothes in homeec.
I made a lot of trifold and bifold billfolds back then. These are some I used for a while and they are in sad shape! But I still love them. I made all the tops with 1/8" blocks. I used 3/4" squares and it only took 3 stitches per seam!! LOL When putting two blocks together that is!

Back side of the one above. Blocks are 1/8"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7018[/ATTACH]

This one was 1/8" blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12985[/ATTACH]

These blocks were 1 1/2"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12986[/ATTACH]

These are 1 1/2" also
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13040[/ATTACH]

b.zang 04-23-2010 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

Originally Posted by Marjpf

They have little links on them so they could be used as earrings but they are $22 to $24 each. Expensive earrings at least for me!

Besides, Rhonda, you could make your own.

Those are cute!