Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The Fair Results ... more than overwhelmed!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fair-results-more-than-overwhelmed-t201641.html)

weezie 09-28-2012 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5547096)
Awww thanks Evie!!Evie and Weezie and all others with FWS' PhD!!!! .... I think I will have to issue a challenge to you to finish them up! :)

Oh nooooooo!! :eek: Currently in progress: I'm hand quilting 2 king sized, preparing to machine quilt another king sized, piecing a queen sized one and ... just for laughs ... I'm doing the Little Brown Bird applique blocks. As you might guess, I'm not very speedy on any one of them, but I'm not bored.

marla 09-28-2012 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by katkat1946 (Post 5544273)
:thumbup: MAJOR congratulations!! It sure looks like this represents a ton of time and planning. So happy for you and for the recognition. Love your Mountie as well.

Ditto How long did that take you to do?

QuiltE 09-28-2012 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by weezie (Post 5547498)
Oh nooooooo!! :eek: Currently in progress: I'm hand quilting 2 king sized, preparing to machine quilt another king sized, piecing a queen sized one and ... just for laughs ... I'm doing the Little Brown Bird applique blocks. As you might guess, I'm not very speedy on any one of them, but I'm not bored.

I know what you mean ... we get ourselves into doing so much! :)
I have such a long long list of PhDs and wanna do's !!!!!!!

wildyard 09-28-2012 01:45 PM

So well deserved for such awesome work!! And we get to say we knew you when.... Smiles and hugs!

Taughtby Grandma 09-28-2012 01:55 PM

How great for you, thanks for sharing the news, it made me tear up too.

Evie 09-28-2012 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5547096)
Awww thanks Evie!!Evie and Weezie and all others with FWS' PhD!!!! .... I think I will have to issue a challenge to you to finish them up! :)

Please don't! I'm not as ambitious as Weezie, and I'm probably a lot slower. I'm now quilting a birthday quilt due in a week. Two kid quilts to be sandwiched and quilted. The blocks are done for four Christmas quilts but not sewn together, so definitely not yet quilted. BUT, I'm doing one twin-size FWS in columns and those are put together, so I have started . . . . :o

QuiltE 09-28-2012 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Evie (Post 5547981)
Please don't! I'm not as ambitious as Weezie, and I'm probably a lot slower. I'm now quilting a birthday quilt due in a week. Two kid quilts to be sandwiched and quilted. The blocks are done for four Christmas quilts but not sewn together, so definitely not yet quilted. BUT, I'm doing one twin-size FWS in columns and those are put together, so I have started . . . . :o

<clap><clap><clap>
It;'s started ... that;s so good!
I just so want to see both of your quilts done. I miss your Red, Whites and Blacks!

quilter1430 09-28-2012 04:07 PM

I don't know why you'd be surprised about your ribbons ... you did a BEAUTIFUL job and well worth getting first place! Wow!!!

GreatStarter 09-28-2012 04:28 PM

Both of your quilts are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! You did a great job on both of them. And your First one truely deserved to win-congratulations!

Kat

nstitches4u 09-28-2012 08:10 PM

Congratulations! Your quilts are beautiful.