Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fast quilt? Right? Help!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fast-quilt-right-help-t71952.html)

Barb_MO 10-24-2010 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter
Just thought of something to make it easier for you to sew the blocks together if you don't do sashing.

Rotate every other block so there will be less bulk on the seams.

I think it looks really good. I would however, do as Alien mentions and rotate every other block. If the size is appropriate, I would just quilt and do the binding. If you need to increase the size, the add a border.

kriscraft99 10-24-2010 04:30 AM

I agree! I love squares framed with white - it makes them pop.. gorgeous fabrics :)

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
I personally would sash them... this way you don't have to worry as much about the points being absolutely perfect. They aren't quite as noticeable with a solid color in the corners... I like the less stressy way to do anything.

The sashing will also give it a kind of modern looking twist to it instead of scrappy - not that scrappy is bad cause it isn't. I guess I like it better with the sashing between the squares for some reason. I'm in the minority lol.

kriscraft99 10-24-2010 04:31 AM

oh... let the size decide though ~ what finished size are you "aiming" towards?

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
I agree! I love squares framed with white - it makes them pop.. gorgeous fabrics :)

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
I personally would sash them... this way you don't have to worry as much about the points being absolutely perfect. They aren't quite as noticeable with a solid color in the corners... I like the less stressy way to do anything.

The sashing will also give it a kind of modern looking twist to it instead of scrappy - not that scrappy is bad cause it isn't. I guess I like it better with the sashing between the squares for some reason. I'm in the minority lol.

thismomquilts 10-24-2010 04:31 AM

I love it the way it is...

ktbb 10-24-2010 04:32 AM

I think it looks fine as it is, but if you use sashing, use the same color as your binding.

mcdaniel023 10-24-2010 04:49 AM

Love it as is. Very pretty.

diannemc 10-24-2010 05:02 AM

Thanks everyone ya'll are always so helpful!

wolfkitty 10-24-2010 05:25 AM

I was thinking a cream sashing, too, but if you're in a hurry, doing as is would work too! The binding will frame it nicely.

kristen0112 10-24-2010 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by diannemc
Well a lady at DH office is having a baby in Nov..What it is already Nov.!!
I need it by Friday..well plenty on time you say? Well DH is going in for knee surgery on Wednesday..He will be in hospital till Saturday so that just leaves today and tomorrow..I can bring it with me and do the binding while I sit with him..I ran in there yesterday and threw these squares together. Oh course I don't like them after they got put together and don't know what to do with them..Was going to just sew them together and put a pink border but now I feel like the need something to divide them..But what color?? Help what would you do??

I wouldn't add anything to it other than to finish it. I think it looks super cute the way you had it laid out, very modern looking.

brookemarie19 10-24-2010 05:44 AM

I really liked it in the second picture with the cream in between each block. I would sash them like that