Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Finished just in time for the baby shower tomorrow! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finished-just-time-baby-shower-tomorrow-t201809.html)

EmiliasNana 09-29-2012 06:07 AM

Finished just in time for the baby shower tomorrow!

5 Attachment(s)
Our DDIL is due with our oldest son's (age 38) first child the end of October. We are all so excited. Friends are having a shower for her tomorrow and I was able to finally complete all the handmade items I had planned to give them : ) [ATTACH=CONFIG]366250[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]366251[/ATTACH] This quilt is for the floor, to be used as a play quilt. It was a panel (not square of course) so I cut it up, sashed the blocks in black, cut them wonky and sashed them again in yellow. My granddaughter (age 3 1/2) was helping me arrange (rearrange, ha, ha) the squares, so I put hers on the back.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366252[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]366253[/ATTACH]The second quilt is for the crib. They do not want to know the sex of the baby ahead of time so I went with a safe blue, green and yellow. The pattern is a free pattern called Pretty in Pastels from quilting.about.com. I rearranged their colors a bit to use the fabrics I had purchased. My DH is making them an oak crib and it is in the final stages of varnishing. So.........we are ready LOL.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366254[/ATTACH]The third isn't a quilt but it sure took much longer to do, sigh. It is a knit baby afghan. The pattern is from The Baby Knits Book by Debbie Bliss. I had to lay it on a piece of green flannel so you could see the alphabet design. I give them handmade gifts occasionally and started sealing the tissue paper with a little sticker that says, "Nana's Boutique", so they know it was especially made for them. She seems excited to open them so I hope they like these items as well. Hope you enjoy too.

Raggiemom 09-29-2012 06:11 AM

What incredible gifts. She will be thrilled to open those. You've done a great job.

Tartan 09-29-2012 06:20 AM

The quilts are sew cute! I love the way you set the panel squares wonky. Your knitted alphabet is INCREDIBLE! Wow, that looks hard and I can't imagine keeping the tension perfect on the stocking stitch while working in the letters. :thumbup:

fivepaws 09-29-2012 06:51 AM

Looks as if you are one excited Grandmom. They are gorgeous. Congratulations to all.

crafty pat 09-29-2012 06:54 AM

They will love the beautiful quilts, you do such good work.

Quilt Novice 09-29-2012 07:12 AM

Great job!

lynnie 09-29-2012 07:14 AM

They all are so beautiful

deanneellen 09-29-2012 07:21 AM

My goodness, you have been a busy lady! The gifts are all adorable and I am sure your son and DIL will love them. Aren't grandchildren the best? My first and only is just a year old now.

QUILTNMO 09-29-2012 07:23 AM

beautiful they truend out very nice!!!!

quiltsRfun 09-29-2012 07:25 AM

Your gifts are all lovely. That new mama won't know which one to use first. Have fun at the shower and with the new grandchild.