Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Flip Flops... but not to wear at the beach (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/flip-flops-but-not-wear-beach-t150060.html)

Cathou 09-03-2011 08:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I bought that kit from Fons and Porter. It's from May 2008 and the designer is Carol Burniston. I hand-appliqué the flip flops with the neddle turn technique. I drew them on the back of the off-white fabric using a light-table. That made it easy to obtain identical flip flops by making sure every stich was on the line. It would be perfect for laying in the sun at the beach but if my daughter does that I'm going to die!!

Summer Flip Flops
[ATTACH=CONFIG]250889[/ATTACH]

LoriEl 09-03-2011 08:36 AM

Beautiful, fun quilt. The only reason I wouldn't want it used on the beach is because someone may steal it!

alikat110 09-03-2011 08:37 AM

Very cute!!!

Cathou 09-03-2011 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by LoriEl
Beautiful, fun quilt. The only reason I wouldn't want it used on the beach is because someone may steal it!

Thanks... very funny!!

crafty pat 09-03-2011 08:40 AM

Beautiful. You did a wonderful job. I sure hope she keeps it away from the beach.

DonnaBatiks 09-03-2011 08:43 AM

Tell her over your dead body!!! The sun will fade it and wrinkle her!
Love the quilt....great job and love the colors. I made a beautiful batik quilt for my daughter and I had to take it back after her boyfriend burnt holes in it and then had to applique circles all over it........I had a very hard time giving it back. But thank the Lord he is gone now.
I have learned over the years when you give it away, give with love and try not to get upset when it's left in a closet or someone doesn't take care of it. Your heart was in a good place and every stitch is made with love.

tealfalcon 09-03-2011 08:52 AM

Ohhh I love it....I love the beach

Cathou 09-03-2011 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaBatiks
Tell her over your dead body!!! The sun will fade it and wrinkle her!
Love the quilt....great job and love the colors. I made a beautiful batik quilt for my daughter and I had to take it back after her boyfriend burnt holes in it and then had to applique circles all over it........I had a very hard time giving it back. But thank the Lord he is gone now.
I have learned over the years when you give it away, give with love and try not to get upset when it's left in a closet or someone doesn't take care of it. Your heart was in a good place and every stitch is made with love.

Yes very true. When I was a teenager, I waxed my legs on a hand made quilt that my great-grand-mother did and I dropped wax on it. I had no idea of the work it took to make it... now I know and I hope she forgives me from above!!!

sharon b 09-03-2011 08:53 AM

Looks great and I can understand your not wanting her to take it anywhere near the beach :wink: LOL

cmagee84 09-03-2011 08:55 AM

Love it! Looks like so much fun in the sun!