Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Free Pattern Here:10 settings from one easy block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/free-pattern-here-10-settings-one-easy-block-t218714.html)

Johanna Fritz 04-09-2013 05:50 PM

Free Pattern Here:10 settings from one easy block

5 Attachment(s)
I love to design quilts in EQ7. I make free patterns for Quilts for Kids-Milwaukee Chapter. I enjoy taking a very simple block and changing up the setting to have many possibilities. With this one block I made 10 very different settings. I have 3 attached below, plus the rotary cutting guide and a block diagram.

This makes a 6 inch finished block, so that the HST can be made with charm squares, and the squares and rectangles can be cut from Jelly Roll strips that are 2.5" wide. I have included some of the settings to give you an idea of how different they can be. Each block is made up of 1, HST square (4" finished), 2 rectangles (2" by 4 inches finished) and a 2 inch finished square. You could make the block larger or smaller, as you wished. It would be very easy to draw out the block on graph paper and reduce or enlarge to suit your needs.

Please feel free to use this for any charity or personal sewing that you do. Please do not duplicate or sell the pattern. Thanks for looking. All comments and suggestions appreciated.

Elisabrat 04-09-2013 07:38 PM

thank you what fun blocks all from left overs which I have oodles of. I was gifted a whole lot of 2.5 inch strips and some 5x7 rectangles that match. great use for them!!! I wondered why I was saving them.. now I know :)

mumzer 04-10-2013 03:29 AM

WOW! from charm pks. and jelly rolls. That is so neat. Thank You.

CDimiceli 04-10-2013 06:44 AM

Thank you for sharing your talents with us!

Johanna Fritz 04-10-2013 07:09 AM

Thanks. I am glad to know that you can use the scraps for a quilts. If you make something, send me a PM with a photo and I will put it in the Flickr album where the other patterns are, with your name if you like. Thanks again.

Johanna Fritz 04-10-2013 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by mumzer (Post 5990384)
WOW! from charm pks. and jelly rolls. That is so neat. Thank You.

The charm packs work great for the HST, because you need a (2) 4 7/8" squares, trimmed to 4.5" to make the HST units. With the charm packs, you can just take the 5" squares and use them to make the HST units. Only 1/8" waste, and no cutting. Glad you like it.

Rosebird 04-10-2013 10:36 AM

thank you so much for sharing, how wonderful of you!

Mimiqwerty 04-10-2013 11:55 AM

What cute blocks! Love the bright colors you chose to display them. Will be great for home or charity giving. Thanks, again.

caspharm 04-10-2013 02:31 PM

Great ideas! Thanks.

sew diva 04-10-2013 03:27 PM

I only see three layouts am I missing something? I'm new and get lost easily. Thanks for any h.e.l.p. I do and will greatly appreciate it.
Dorothy