Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Friends Know No Borders Medallion & Row Round Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/friends-know-no-borders-medallion-row-round-robins-t104569.html)

tealfalcon 03-04-2011 03:25 PM

I think I have my medallion ready....i might add one more part yet...will post pics in a few

debe 03-04-2011 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by tealfalcon
I think I have my medallion ready....i might add one more part yet...will post pics in a few

can't wait :!:

tealfalcon 03-04-2011 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok here it is....there are all the fabrics i got while on vacation in california at the cutest little shop...it was in a historic house. , this is my first paper pieced project and i am pretty happy with it....i am debating adding a row of flying geese around before i send it off...its 16.5 so i may need to make it bigger....or i can let someone else add some flying geese haha

Patched 03-04-2011 08:42 PM

tealfalcon, your medallion is beautiful, hard to believe it is your first paper piece. And the colors look so very rich.

debe 03-05-2011 03:25 AM

Tisha: Oh my God that is amazing...once you get use to paperpiecing you'll love it!!!!!!!!

Everything I have read about round robins has the centre at 24" minimmum so go ahead and add some flying geese if you want....but I think it would be nice to be a couple of rows in from the medallion and something else around it.

The fabrics are wonderful, no wonder you wanted them. Now what do I have in my stash that will match (:idea: hmmmmmmm)

PS nice pattern. who's design? (not that i need another project) :-P

c joyce 03-17-2011 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my center for the group in the medallion round robin. My theme is Christmas, and as you can see, it is rather large, the fabrics & pattern are Christmas themed, but the fabrics aren't. Since this is for me...yes, I'm being selfish...I plan to have this one on my king-sized bed. My only request is that each border is at least 1" wider than the one preceeding it. I can hardly wait to see all your talents shine forth as I know they will - quilters are the BEST!

Not all the picture came through...I'll try again.

Christmas Themed Center
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170889[/ATTACH]

c joyce 03-17-2011 06:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Let's try this view of center

Christmas Theme Medallion
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170893[/ATTACH]

debe 03-17-2011 08:05 AM

Joyce: you did a great job; I think it is lovely and I can't wait to work on it...hope the first couple rounds of borders are too wide or it is going to be a challenge for me who is near the end to have an idea :)....lots of time to think though.

Crafty3790 03-17-2011 10:32 AM

Love the ones posted so far I hope to finish my row tomorrow and I will post a picture then.

NCquilter 03-17-2011 04:05 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I finally finished my row. I know I said, I would hope to have them done last week, but this tax season is kicking my butt! I work for a CPA (certified public accountant) and with new laws that just passed, clients are having a difficult time with their taxes. I've been going in early and staying late to get things caught back up.

So here is my row. It was hard to see the blocks when I took a pic of the entire row, so I took pics of portions as well.