Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fun Fish and Spiky Poppies!! (Be careful...these fish are addictive!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fun-fish-spiky-poppies-careful-these-fish-addictive-t71319.html)

LindaM 10-20-2010 07:44 PM

Very nice! Love them both!

amma 10-20-2010 08:32 PM

Ooooo I love those fish!!! Those embellishments for the bubble are awesome!! Very creative handpainting the borders, too :D
The poppies are beautiful! You did a magnificent job on these :D:D:D

SaraSewing 10-21-2010 05:57 AM

I have a bathroom decorated in tropical fish, all bright yellow and navy blue. I'm making this for there.

n2scraplvr 10-21-2010 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Ooooo I love those fish!!! Those embellishments for the bubble are awesome!! Very creative handpainting the borders, too :D
The poppies are beautiful! You did a magnificent job on these :D:D:D

Thank you so much, amma!! I sure appreciate your kind compliments and everyone else's here on the board! So glad to hear you like the embellishments!! I thought I overdid it, but it just shows my love for the fishies so I'll leave them on. The rhinestones had peel-off backs but I just glued it all on as they are just so tiny to handle! What a super compliment on the poppies! I didn't think they turned out so well, but glad they are enjoyed! I used a premade outer border from gathering scraps into strips and just threw it on the design wall and it matched good! The other 3 sides of the border I opened up and slipped in some coordinating strips of the poppies to make it look authentic! It worked!! Thank you, amma, for your super comments!!! I appreciate it!! :-D :-D :-D ;-) ;-) :thumbup:

n2scraplvr 10-21-2010 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
n2, just love the way you slow down the eye with the black (or white) fabrics. Then slow it down again with the gingham (or marbled) fabrics. And then pow another burst of color in the outer border! Looking good, I'd say! G

Thank you, G, for your nice comments!! Just wanted to tell you that the poppies' border was premade from months earlier of gathering scraps into strings for future use. Had no idea it would look so good until I tried putting the two together! A few of the borders I opened up at intervals and slipped in some coordinating fabrics of the poppies to make it look authentic!! How's that for clearing out the scrap bag?? LOL.

:D :D

n2scraplvr 10-21-2010 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by LindaM
Very nice! Love them both!

Thank you, LindaM!!! It's so nice to hear! :D :D :D ;-)

Ditter43 10-21-2010 09:41 AM

How cool that is!! Very creative ... :thumbup: :D

n2scraplvr 10-21-2010 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing
I have a bathroom decorated in tropical fish, all bright yellow and navy blue. I'm making this for there.

Oh, oh.oh. It will be Bu tee ful!!! What liveliness your mini will make to that bathroom and the colors are fabulous!!! We can't wait to see this one!!!

:-D ;) ;) ;) :!: :!:

n2scraplvr 10-21-2010 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
How cool that is!! Very creative ... :thumbup: :D

Thank you, Ditter!!!!!!! :-D :-D ;-) ;-)

LETIA 10-21-2010 09:51 AM

very pretty!