Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   General's Wives - Quilted (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/generals-wives-quilted-t191845.html)

EMKC 06-17-2012 12:24 PM

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL...everything from color choices to the quilting!!!!!!! I only wish I could do something like that!

matraina 06-17-2012 01:36 PM

Your quilt and quilting are beautiful!

Delilah 06-17-2012 02:13 PM

VERY NICE, and I like the fact that the quilting is not real heavy. With the prints in the fabrics as busy as they are heavy quilting would have been lost. Besides, I think quilting heavily distracts from the quilt itself. That quilt is a real treasure.

anita211 06-17-2012 05:55 PM

I love the quilt, but think I love the story about the ex more...

Mrs. Mel 06-17-2012 06:49 PM

So gorgeous; and worth the $275 you paid the laq. What a beautiful investment.

Quiltmaniac2010 06-18-2012 08:09 PM

Yup. I'm with Sylvie. $275 for custom work on a king size is very reasonable. Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous!! Love your quilt inspector, Jack. As you can see by my avatar, I'm a sheltie lover too!!

Originally Posted by Sylvie45 (Post 5292481)
In the opinion of another Canadian $275 for a king size is very reasonable.

Canada Kate 06-21-2012 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by EMKC (Post 5296213)
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL...everything from color choices to the quilting!!!!!!! I only wish I could do something like that!

But you could! I consider myself a novice quilter, and this was the hardest one I have ever done. I took a lot of time and forced myself to be patient with it. There were some blocks that were ripped out and re-done 3+ times. And still not all the points are intact, and not all the seams are aligned. But it is a quilt that I am going to keep forever which is why I had it long-armed (that, and the fact that it would not fit in my Janome for me to quilt it SITD myself). It's folded on the end of my bed, atop my summer-weight duvet ('cause it was 42 degrees Celcius here yesterday).

I just want to say thanks for all the nice comments, and I wanted to point out that I did not design this or chose the fabrics - it was a kit (and was also offered as a BOTM as some other posters have noted). It was the toile that drew me to this, and as blue is my favourite colour, me having this quilt was a no-brainer.

And I probably will make my ex a quilt at some point. I am starting to accumulate too many quilts for myself - what does one do with all one's quilts when one has a small home and no spare beds? - and I am slowly making them for each of my good friends. I just love making them, and I'm happy to give them away to good homes. Even though my ex drives me crazy sometimes, we actually get along better now than when we were married.

amizjeanne 06-21-2012 09:16 AM

Beautiful quilt and quilting. Love your choice of colors and fabrics.

dahlshouse 06-21-2012 09:24 AM

Love your quilt... it's beautiful...

PhotoKevin 06-21-2012 09:26 AM

That's a stunning quilt! Kudos!