Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Gigi`s Garden (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/gigi%60s-garden-t181048.html)

huntannette 02-28-2012 03:14 PM

Gigi`s Garden

3 Attachment(s)
I just finished piecing this wallhanging. It will be my sisters wedding gift. She is getting married in May....both their second wedding....wanted to make something special for her...Her nickname is Gigi and she loves gardening...thus the name. I found the pattern in the "Quiltmaker " mag July/Aug 04 called "The Butterfly garden" . I have plenty of time to finish it before the wedding...thanks for looking

miss_ticky2 02-28-2012 03:18 PM

Wow, that's awesome

jillnjo 02-28-2012 03:25 PM

Very lovely! It will be a wonderful wedding gift. I really like the border you used.

Mariposa 02-28-2012 03:27 PM

Pretty! It will be a lovely gift for her wedding.

huntannette 02-28-2012 03:27 PM

thank you...i love how it turned out...can`t wait to quilt it...

Grandma Bonnie 02-28-2012 03:37 PM

What a great wedding gift for your sister - I'm sure it will be well loved!

Vanuatu Jill 02-28-2012 03:39 PM

I love that pattern! It has been "earmarked" to do all these years. You did a great job-I am sure she will love it!

huntannette 02-28-2012 03:48 PM

I have many mags with earmarks too...lol wonder if i`ll ever make them alll....ya never know....

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill (Post 5016936)
I love that pattern! It has been "earmarked" to do all these years. You did a great job-I am sure she will love it!

Vanuatu Jill 02-28-2012 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette (Post 5016955)
I have many mags with earmarks too...lol wonder if i`ll ever make them alll....ya never know....

I KNOW I will never get a fraction of them done. I have two full shelves full of magazines/books, and I use small post-it stickers on the ones I want to make. It looks like "fringe" on the tops of the magazines all grouped together!! Without counting (don't think I'd be able to count that high!), I would estimate over 300 with tabs! That doesn't count the notebooks I have with patterns I get off the internet, or the basket of individual patterns I just had to have!! How many lives do we get????? LOL

huntannette 02-28-2012 03:57 PM

isn`t it fun though to go through all those mags and imagine what you could make with all those patterns...lol

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill (Post 5016967)
I KNOW I will never get a fraction of them done. I have two full shelves full of magazines/books, and I use small post-it stickers on the ones I want to make. It looks like "fringe" on the tops of the magazines all grouped together!! Without counting (don't think I'd be able to count that high!), I would estimate over 300 with tabs! That doesn't count the notebooks I have with patterns I get off the internet, or the basket of individual patterns I just had to have!! How many lives do we get????? LOL