Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Got a Quilt top for my Husband Made. (About Time!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/got-quilt-top-my-husband-made-about-time-t194135.html)

Phannie1 07-09-2012 06:43 PM

Got a Quilt top for my Husband Made. (About Time!)

1 Attachment(s)
My Husband has been "eyeballing" all the quilts I have made this past year. I have yet to do him one. I did find material last year and had been waiting on what block pattern to use. The Fabric is the logos from University of West Virginia. (Hubby graduated from there.) I finally decided on the Disappearing 9-Patch. I finished the top and Off to the quilter's it goes. His birthday is the end of July so I hope to get it back before then.

Thanks for looking.
(sorry the picture is not to great but I was sneaking behind his back.)

jenOSU 07-09-2012 06:59 PM

Great quilt! I'm working on my first D9P now.

burchquilts 07-09-2012 07:09 PM

He's going to be super surprised! And happy! That's a fabulous quilt! And your husband is one ahead of mine... LOL! I bought a bunch of flannel to make mine a quilt well over a year ago & it's still in the box it came in... oops! But after seeing your DH's, now I'm inspired! No more of this being the shoemaker's children!

erstan947 07-09-2012 07:22 PM

Nicely done. My DH loves the quilt I made him when I first started quilting. I'm sure it is time for a new one. You have inspired me!

Diane007 07-09-2012 08:02 PM

Poor husband... He will be happy

NIICHMOM 07-10-2012 06:45 AM

To are too lucky, I made me hubby a king size quilt, & I decided to make it extra special & hand quilt it...Well It may take a century to finish. The blocks are 3" squares and I decided to make a x in each sq. & to go around each a 1/4" in from seam. But was I asking for work. Well he said he would wait for it & watch the progress I make on it. VERY SLOW... I work on smaller projects & I do have a second quilt on frame also ready to hand quilt. Your hubby will love his quilt.

Prissnboot 07-10-2012 09:00 AM

I love the D9P - it's so simple and yet looks really complicated! I empathize with your plight - my husband too eyeballed each of my creations, with each compliment always followed by "where's mine?". I bought fabric but didn;'t know what to do wtih it - he finally got his quilt for his birthday this past January. It's a king size snowball pattern I found in Fons & Porter, and I named it Snowball Fight because I SID'd it on my sewing machine. I suppose I should post pics....perhaps tonight. congrats on the completion of another UFO!

Grandma Peg 07-10-2012 09:20 AM

Very nice quilt. He will love it.

sunfrogger88 07-10-2012 09:45 AM

very nice! my fiance keeps asking me where his stuff is.. i'll make him something eventually!! he doesn't collect t shirts or anything so it will be difficult to find something to sew for him:)

Jammin' Jane 09-26-2012 01:29 PM

Looks wonderful! :)
It will be loved!