Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Happy Autumn Pumpkin Head Wall Hanging (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/happy-autumn-pumpkin-head-wall-hanging-t66349.html)

bryanne 09-23-2010 06:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone. Browsing pictures inspired me to finish one of my first wall hangings you see posted here. I've had it about 4 years now lol! Now and then I'd putter on it. Being self taught with multiple learning quirks I could fill a book with stories. My biggest issue? I think from this picture it might be obvious binding consistantly puts me in a bind...Note all of the books in the background I'm forever seeking a book to learn different things how I wish I had known about this forum. Anyway Happy Autumn everyone! bryanne

Happy Autumn Pumpkin Head
[ATTACH=CONFIG]99585[/ATTACH]

sharon b 09-23-2010 07:00 AM

Love it ! Looks great to me :thumbup:

brenda21 09-23-2010 07:03 AM

He is ADORABLE :)

Sadiemae 09-23-2010 07:04 AM

Very cute. I really like him and you did a really nice job! I topstitch my binding with a thread that blends in so it shows less of my mistakes. I don't think I have ever admitted that before. It's okay because Sadiemae is my board name, not my real name. LOL

Jeanniejo 09-23-2010 07:04 AM

So cute !!!!!!! Thank you for sharing. Welcome to the board, you'll love it here !!

KathyAire 09-23-2010 07:05 AM

He's cute. I could see him on the classroom door for maybe first grade. Every kid would speak to Mr. Pumpkin Head as he entered.

Of course, he would look good on my front door, as well. And, I don't even have any kids.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-23-2010 07:34 AM

Oh he's cute!!
Now hush about the mistakes! I don't see any.
I DO see a lot of books though hahaha

raedar63 09-23-2010 07:39 AM

I love it! I have'nt done ant detailed work like this,mostly scrappy quilts but would sure like to try.Look great.

PS,welcome here to the site, my favorite one,everyone is so helpful and nice.

Rae

sewTinker 09-23-2010 07:44 AM

That is the Cutest Thing Ever! He's so friendly.

re: binding.

I do my bindings "backwards" from the traditional method. I flip my quilt and machine stitch the binding to the Back of the quilt. Then I flip the quilt again and machine stitch it to the front using either a blanket stitch, a hidden stitch, or a highly decorative one (example: five hearts, three wavies, five hearts, repeat), depending on the mood of the quilt. I am not especially wild about hand-sewing, so this works for me.

Ms. Shawn 09-23-2010 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by bryanne
Hi everyone. Browsing pictures inspired me to finish one of my first wall hangings you see posted here. I've had it about 4 years now lol! Now and then I'd putter on it. Being self taught with multiple learning quirks I could fill a book with stories. My biggest issue? I think from this picture it might be obvious binding consistantly puts me in a bind...Note all of the books in the background I'm forever seeking a book to learn different things how I wish I had known about this forum. Anyway Happy Autumn everyone! bryanne

Your quilt is so cute, I love it!!!! :XD: :thumbup: :mrgreen: