Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   HELLLLLLLPPPPP - (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/helllllllppppp-t128991.html)

txfrogger1 06-08-2011 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm new to this board stuff. I was searching the net last week and I found a pattern my friend just loves. I've tried multiple searches to find "where I found it" but I've been unsuccessful. So, I'm turning to you lovely people and hoping for some help. I thought if I reached enough people . . . SOMEONE might be able to help :o).

Can any of you tell me anything about the picture below. I'm trying to locate a pattern for it but as I mentioned I've been unsuccessful with all the names I've tried to give it. Thanks so much! Happy QUILTING!

Carron 06-08-2011 10:26 AM

did you PM the maker of this quilt, perhaps they can give you the information you want.

feline fanatic 06-08-2011 10:43 AM

Hi welcome to the board.

This pattern would be super easy to draft yourself. It is nothing more than a modified rail fence type construction. It looks to me like the colored bricks are simply 6 alternating squares of light and dark values in the same color then stripped on either side with a narrow black sashing. They are then assembled in rows with one facing sashing up then one facing sashing on the side. The rows are then alternated.

You can just get yourself some graph paper and draw it out then assemble it with no pattern needed. Just decide how big you want to make it and count the rows then size your squares and sashing strips from there.

sewcrafty 06-08-2011 10:48 AM

Have you tried going into your history to find it. If not, click on your Favorites tab at the top left and when it opens click on the history tab. It'll show you all the sites that you have been to. Will take a little time, but you may be successful.
:thumbup:

Tartan 06-08-2011 10:53 AM

The blocks look pieced inside the borders in the picture? There is version that is very similar in the Aug/Sept. Quilt Magazine. It is done with blue batiks and solid blue sashes. It is beautiful and is done with strip piecing. The pattern goes from pages 88-90 and the title of the quilt is "Rhythm in Blues".

cowpie2 06-08-2011 10:59 AM

I'm the maker - I sent you a PM.

Julie in WA 06-08-2011 11:03 AM

It is very very simple to make, just as feline fanatic said. You make your 'six patch', which is rectangular in shape. The black strips on each side are wide enough to make the block become a square.

Ignoring the seam allowances, let's say you use 2" squares to make the six patch; the block would be 4"x6". Add a 1" strip to each 4" side so that the block is now 6" square.

Now you simply turn each block one half turn to create the quilt. It is sort of an optical illusion, because the viewer does not see that the blocks are actually square.

My quilt group just completed one that used large floral fabrics instead of a six patch in the center. It turned out beautiful. You can see it on my blog at
http://imkeepingbusy.blogspot.com/20...quilts-to.html

txfrogger1 06-08-2011 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by cowpie2
I'm the maker - I sent you a PM.

Oh how awesome cowpie2. Whatever information you can give me to find the pattern or anything like that would be SO APPRECIATED!!!! I just CAN'T BELIEVE I got this lucky!!!!!!! :o)

Ramona Byrd 06-08-2011 12:04 PM

Now you simply turn each block one half turn to create the quilt. It is sort of an optical illusion, because the viewer does not see that the blocks are actually square.
--------------------------
You're kidding? No, now I can see it but was afraid to touch it because of the "curves". Now I can see where the optical illusion comes in. Thank you for telling us about it, now I won't be afraid to touch it. It's a very pretty quilt and quite stunning.

Jim's Gem 06-08-2011 12:08 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!!!