Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Help with Laptop tote (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/help-laptop-tote-t119385.html)

suezquilts 04-28-2011 06:18 AM

6 Attachment(s)
I had someone say that I was a multi~tasker and that people with ADHD are able to do many things at once. And yesterday was like that.
With my business in my home I have to keep family from overtaking my quilting business. (Mom, will you babysit" heard that many times this week. "And can you for the summer?")
I also have to keep my "sewing time".
Seeing my small twister ruler, I decided to go for it.
I pulled out some fabric, and zippers and let it Rip!
No pattern, I can't figure out the handles, if you have a picture to help me figure this out it would help the most.
I also took a pair of jeans I ripped while being chased by wasps, and made it into a skirt.
I also made a zip bag like the Moda pattern shared recently here.
Lots of directions yesterday, and I had to empty the trash before my husband saw I took the back legs off two pair of his jeans.

zippers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]190262[/ATTACH]

stash
[ATTACH=CONFIG]190263[/ATTACH]

front of tote with Zipper
[ATTACH=CONFIG]190264[/ATTACH]

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]190266[/ATTACH]

corner where handle will go
[ATTACH=CONFIG]190267[/ATTACH]

where the pin is, this is where I need to attach some sort of handle. I'm taking a Class in Zanesville Ohio in a few weeks, and I need my computer. Since it is a class about my quilting, I feel I need to make it look like I'm a quilter and not use the black bag I usually use.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]190268[/ATTACH]

Grama Lehr 04-28-2011 06:20 AM

Busy girl!!! Love your finished project!! :thumbup:

the casual quilter 04-28-2011 06:35 AM

You could add D rings and attach the handles through them.

the casual quilter 04-28-2011 06:37 AM

I hit send before I finished my message. Your bag is darling and it looks so functional. Now I'm hitting "send" for real.

featherweight 04-28-2011 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by the casual quilter
You could add D rings and attach the handles through them.

That is a great idea!!! :thumbup:

suezquilts 04-28-2011 06:44 AM

Yes functionable, but I forgot to quilt it! I'll do some hand quilting when I'm on my trip!

PaperPrincess 04-28-2011 07:07 AM

I would get some D rings (or soldered O rings), make a tube from your fabric and get some nylon webbing. You have an option with the webbing for the handle, you can put it inside the tube, or just lay the fabric on one side and top stitch. I personally would make the tab that holds the D ring to the purse extend a ways down the side gussets for strength. If your machine can handle the bulk, I would also put webbing or some other reinforcement in the tabs. You don't want your PC to drop so make sure that you err on the side of strength for the handles. Hope some of this makes sense. Your bag is beautiful so far!!!!

grandma7 04-28-2011 11:51 AM

VERY nice. I Love the twister look. When I'm caught up, I plan to get the tool. Well, maybe I should not wait 'til I'm caught up.....

suezquilts 04-28-2011 02:03 PM

I took a piece of leather, cut it to hold the ring. Painted it redish... and sewed the ring and leather onto the triangle.
I had some of the cotton webbing for the shoulder strap. So I made this entire project with something I had in my house.
Today I also made a mini 2 sided quilt for a rectangle shaped pin cushion. And another little zipper bag.
Thanks for all your input!

twixbar 04-28-2011 02:13 PM

Great finished project.