Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Help, she does like them!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/help-she-does-like-them-t11931.html)

tlrnhi 10-05-2008 07:27 PM

I like them both! Don't know what the womans problem is. You did as she asked with what she sent. What does she want?
I agree with what the others suggest in charging.

Skeat 10-06-2008 02:26 AM

I agree w/Arizona and Terri...! This is crazy!! Maybe this is more of a needed therapy session over other issues...her!:))There is nothing wrong w/either one...and, in today's world it just amazes me how people expect our art to be like a drive thru...there's onions on my burger..give me more free!:))Next time...it is a contract and any further changes, etc...after the fact, there will be additional charges. Make that point up front. I would ask her what does she not like or what is it she wants changed. Make sure to take your quilt outside for a picture..not in direct sun and make sure your colors are true to what she received in viewing. Do keep us posted on this! I feel for you! SKeat

quiltease 10-06-2008 04:17 AM

I don't know if you're up for this, but how about some applique on the plainer blocks? That way the quilt does not need to be taken apart, nor requilted. Appliques of what? That could be up to you or your customer. I'd hand applique a trailing vine (if she sends you any greens) with small colorful buds. That way it can be on the blocks you want, not on others, and will still tie the quilt together along with bringing some movement to it.
Please let us know what you decide.
we're with you in spirit,
bev. :]

lgeorge 10-06-2008 04:23 AM

I don't see anything wrong with any of them. Good job and well put together.

kd124 10-06-2008 10:54 AM

Personally, I like the one she doesn't the best. But I'm not the customer so...........I agree with the applique idea. I like the vine and buds idea.

Good luck.

Dodie 10-10-2008 07:27 PM

does she like cats or anything special hearts or whayever I would applique a few scattered on the quilt mabe vines what does she like

Bevanger 10-11-2008 05:02 AM

Personally I think they are both just fine... :D

mrsj82 10-11-2008 06:11 AM

I had a client do this to me too. I charged her extra for the time and effort of taking it apart and re-doing it. If she doesn't like what you came up with, that's not your problem. She didn't give you any instructions on the second quilt so it's not your fault. I would charge her for your time. (Like half the price of the original)

Good luck!

DA Mayer 10-11-2008 01:17 PM

Could you just applique a diagonal stripe on the white blocks to give it a little color. That way you wouldn't have to take it apart or cover the whole square. See what a difference the sunlight does for the picture too. Maybe her parents were more beige people than she thought.

Bernadette Harwood 10-11-2008 04:15 PM

It is on it's way back to me. I'll see what her instructions are this time. I'll let you know what I end up doing. Thanks for all your ideas and suggestions. I have changed a few of my policies so this doesn't happen again. I have made dozens of quilts for people and this has never happened and hope it never does again. Thanks again everyone!