Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   How would i quilt this???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/how-would-i-quilt-t144008.html)

Charming 08-09-2011 08:56 PM

This is my first try making 10 minutes block quilt. It is a donation to my church to raffle it to raise funds for building a University.

It is going to be raffled in Sept., that's why i chose fall colors.
My question is because the middle of each block is already stitched (decorative stitch), and i only quilt with a computerized long arm, so what can i do to quilt the whole top? It would be hard to do edge to edge because of the middle blocks. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Peckish 08-09-2011 09:14 PM

Well, you could either stitch down the outer edge of the middle block (I ended up doing this on mine) or you be brave, disconnect the computer, and do some free motion!

Charming 08-09-2011 09:16 PM

I did stitch the middle block and NO i will not do free motion. I am the worst coordinated person on earth...lol think again

Originally Posted by Peckish
Well, you could either stitch down the outer edge of the middle block (I ended up doing this on mine) or you be brave, disconnect the computer, and do some free motion!

Peckish 08-09-2011 09:18 PM

You stitched the OUTER edge of the center block, or just the inside of the part you flipped over? Because if you stitched the OUTER edge also, you should be able to quilt over it. I have a friend who quilts these on her longarm all the time for charity, and she insists on the outer edge being stitched down so it won't catch on the foot.

Charming 08-09-2011 09:21 PM

Oh i get what you are saying, but wouldn't the quilting be wiered having 2 stitching on top of each other? i can't imagine that.

You stitched the OUTER edge of the center block, or just the inside of the part you flipped over? Because if you stitched the OUTER edge also, you should be able to quilt over it. I have a friend who quilts these on her longarm all the time for charity, and she insists on the outer edge being stitched down so it won't catch on the foot.

Charming 08-09-2011 09:22 PM

Do u have a picture of any of her quilts?

Peckish 08-09-2011 09:28 PM

Unfortunately, I don't, she makes them for terminally ill patients, and they're given to the family after they pass. I'll email her and ask her if she has any pictures she can send me, though.

Charming 08-09-2011 09:29 PM

Thank you so much:)

Unfortunately, I don't, she makes them for terminally ill patients, and they're given to the family after they pass. I'll email her and ask her if she has any pictures she can send me, though.