Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I finished a tree skirt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-finished-tree-skirt-t3651.html)

barnbum 12-17-2007 04:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Boy--what could go wrong, did. :roll:
1. When I finished the top and laid the pattern on it--it didn't fit. I called my teenaged daughter to help--and she calmly turned the pattern upside down and it was perfect. (Whew!) I don't usually sew with these greek directions--and it didn't say to turn it upside down! :roll:

2. I followed directions--but I should never have attempted cutting half the back without folding it first (heavy sigh), so I dug around in my stash and found some muslin--but it was pink--a light pink--so I used it. It is the back after all.

3. When it said to sew the two top pieces together, it should have reminded me to line up the intersections--I ask you, is that so hard to add?? :P I forgot so a few are off. I tried to hide them with the yarn bows. :roll:

4. I decided white yarn was the best choice and nothing else would do--and we didn't have any. Daughter got some today while I was at work. Yea! But then I couldn't find the right sized needle. Too big--it made craters in my work! Too small--the yarn couldn't be pulled through. (heavy sigh) Finally searched my grandmother's sewing box and found the perfect one. (thank you grandma!)

And here's how it looks in the end:

newquiltertoni 12-17-2007 05:06 PM

Nice work, to look at I see no flaws! It is beautiful!

jbsstrawberry 12-17-2007 05:25 PM

That is wonderful!!! It's great that your daughter came to the rescue too!! Think of the laugh you'll have over all those issues years from now!! Favorite Christmas memory in the making if ever I heard one. Its absolutely adorable, the fabric couldn't be cuter and the white ties set it off sooo very well!! Great work girls!

Diamonds 12-17-2007 11:06 PM

I think it is beautiful... The white bows look nice on it :lol:

Knot Sew 12-18-2007 04:54 AM

I think it looks festive and cheerful, I haven't even made mine yet. I like it to me it says warm cosy country christmas

Chele 12-18-2007 05:49 AM

Very pretty! Love your Christmas fabrics. You'll remember and love that skirt forever! :D

Feathers 12-18-2007 01:45 PM

Barnbum:
I think your tree skirt is gorgeous! Just remember the trials of making it and you'll enjoy it more and more with each passing year. You are a crack up! I loved reading your step by step problems. Kinda like some of my forrays into the abyss of NOT understanding pattern instructions or lack thereof. I have to SEE to do. Reading doesn't always get it for me. :roll: :roll:

Thanks for sharing!
Feathers

sewmuch 12-18-2007 02:36 PM

I love it, and the bows are perfect. I will try bows next time I tie
they look really good. Good job Barnbum. :lol: :roll:

Minda 12-18-2007 02:36 PM

Barnbum, I loved your story! :D The treeskirt is pretty. I like the variety of holiday fabric.

annmarie 12-18-2007 09:34 PM

Love the fabrics. Good eye. Great job. Santa will like it too! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: