Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I GOT ANOTHER ONE - ALL THE WAY FROM ALASKA!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-got-another-one-all-way-alaska-t7113.html)

Izy 05-12-2008 10:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yesterday was another special day for me...a parcel arrived from sewhappy in Alaska, now that might sound a normal place to you guys in America...but to 'lil 'ole me...that is one far away land :D :D :D

A big thank you to sewhappy for her beautiful fabrics but also for the fantastic book that she has sent, which contains the most stunning photography of Alaska :D :D :D

It's not very often I want to stay at home on Tuesdays....but I sure would like to spend time reading this book, but I have to get to the meeting and let all the girls know about our latest donation don't I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heres the fabric that sewhappy sent!! :D :D :D

Izy 05-12-2008 10:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And heres the wonderful book...Hope you can see the quality of the photography - its fantastic!!!!! :D :D

Izy 05-12-2008 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It didn't load the first one of the book cover - I will try again :roll:

tlrnhi 05-13-2008 01:23 AM

Those are really nice!

beachlady 05-13-2008 03:12 AM

Very nice Izy. Your guild isn't going to wait much longer are they - they must be chomping at the bit.

jamsbuying 05-13-2008 05:48 AM

Lucky gal! Great fabrics and a book, too! If you plan a trip to Alaska, I'll be glad to go along and carry your bags :-)

Judith

Izy 05-13-2008 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Very nice Izy. Your guild isn't going to wait much longer are they - they must be chomping at the bit.

There are beachlady!! I haven't told all the ladies in the guild...I want to surprise them - especially the newbies!! But the ones that know are getting impatient...thats why I have put an appeal out to find out if there are other parcels due or not.....then I can get organised and distribute the fabrics to them all :D

Celeste 05-14-2008 03:02 PM

Those are some beautiful fabrics! And how cool is it that she sent that book!

sunflower 05-16-2008 07:21 PM

Hi Izy, We spent a week in Juneau, the capital city of Alaska, three years ago. The scenery was beautiful, the water the best I have ever tasted and the way of life quite different from what I am used to living here on the east end of Lake Superior. Except for the fact that they use English it was almost like being in another country. Juneau is isolated and the only way in or out of it is by air or sea. I bought some fabric there, thinking it was unique to Alaska. I found out, however, that they had the same stuff in Walmart in the lower 48 states! Rita

Izy 05-16-2008 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by sunflower
Hi Izy, We spent a week in Juneau, the capital city of Alaska, three years ago. The scenery was beautiful, the water the best I have ever tasted and the way of life quite different from what I am used to living here on the east end of Lake Superior. Except for the fact that they use English it was almost like being in another country. Juneau is isolated and the only way in or out of it is by air or sea. I bought some fabric there, thinking it was unique to Alaska. I found out, however, that they had the same stuff in Walmart in the lower 48 states! Rita

Wow Rita....you lucky girl having the opportunity to visit Alaska....this fabric swap has opened up the world to me through the eyes of all my quilting buddies....what a great way to travel :D :D :D

Isn't that just typical about the fabric....its like finding out your family heirlooms were made in China :lol: :lol: :lol: