Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I have tamed the dragon quilt! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-have-tamed-dragon-quilt-t211566.html)

Yarn or Fabric 01-21-2013 04:04 AM

I have tamed the dragon quilt!

1 Attachment(s)
I started this paper piecing project last spring. I worked on it for a few days, set it aside, picked it back up, set it aside... I had all the pieces (except one that I had to remake due to a color misplacment) and it nearly sewn together. I was having issues getting my points to match in a major intersection right in the center. I must have sewn & ripped it apart at least 6 times. I would bring my bag of pieces to and from my Sewing Saturdays and never open it up.

Yesterday I had a few friends over to sew and I really didn't have much to work on and I couldn't decide on something new to do so I kicked this out!

The problem intersection I used glue to hold it in place to match those points. There are two spots that the points do not add up nicely and one spot in the castle where the piece is shifted but I had to just walk away and claim acceptable loss. I wanted it perfect but it's good enough. My whole family is in love with this. It's suppose to be for my youngest son but I think it needs to be hung somewhere where we can all enjoy it.

I have another paper piecing project or two that I have been slowly kicking out. They're next on my rainy day project list!

This pattern (A Dragon's Tale - can be purchased online & through Ebay) was suppose to be 28x36. I enlarged it using posterazor then cut and taped together the pieces.
About 3/4 the way through I played with a glue stick and figured out how to paper piece without sewing through the paper. Man, I wish I tried that sooner! I won't paper piece any other way now.

I'm hoping to quilt it next weekend. I'm going to use that transparent monofilament and just outline the parts and do a little light quilting in the borders. I haven't decided what to quilt in the borders. It might just be some kind of a rope.

All I can say is that it feels good to be done!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]389676[/ATTACH]

Plumtree 01-21-2013 04:08 AM

It really is a great quilt!!! I can't wait to see it quilted and claim a spot on your wall:-)

QuiltnNan 01-21-2013 04:10 AM

nicely done

nygal 01-21-2013 04:46 AM

It looks great.

erstan947 01-21-2013 05:07 AM

Every dragon lover will want one! Beautifully done and all the points look great to me:) Done is such a wonderful feeling:thumbup:

Jackie Spencer 01-21-2013 05:23 AM

Love your Dragon! I love to PP. My next PP Project is the Sage Country Christmas Tree 48 x63. Im going to use Kaufmans beautiful christmas prints with all the sparkly gold on them.

valleyquiltermo 01-21-2013 05:40 AM

Great job, love it. Cangrats to you for sticking with it.......

red-warrior 01-21-2013 05:46 AM

Great job!!!

gabeway 01-21-2013 05:46 AM

Great quilt! Congrats on finishing!

Diane007 01-21-2013 05:51 AM

very nice dragon