Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I Joined The Featherweight Club.....Picked Her Up This Morning. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-joined-featherweight-club-picked-her-up-morning-t165655.html)

amazon 11-03-2011 11:05 AM

I Joined The Featherweight Club.....Picked Her Up This Morning.

2 Attachment(s)
I've waited a long time, four years to be exact, finally won one on ebay, I had all of my friends and relatives actively looking and searching for me, to no avail. Bid on several unsucessfully on ebay before. Last week was my lucky week. I have looked her up & over,she was made in 1941, oiled her and other than a few pins scratches, she's great cosmeticly(sp?) & she purrs like a kitten. Still working on thread tension,but all in all great experience.The seller on ebay made it a whole lot easier. YEAH ME!I am so excited.Can't wait to piece a quilt on her. I posted over on the vintage thread also, can you tell I'm a proud momma.lol.

RonieM 11-03-2011 11:29 AM

Congrats!! Someday I hope to join the club!

sash 11-03-2011 11:29 AM

It is a beautiful and shiny machine. Love those f/w's. Almost the year I was born.

AnotherMadQuilter 11-03-2011 11:35 AM

Congrats! They are fun little machines. I get lots of comments when I pull mine out of my camper, plug it into my outside outlet and sit on the picnic table piecing a quilt of making other small projects. It stays in the camper all summer then into my sewing room for the winter. Mine is a 1943 221 Featherweight my DH got me a few years ago for our anniversary. I've only taken 1 sewing class but it went with me. I took a Featherweight class also to learn how to clean and maintain my little gem. Worth the money if you get a chance to go to one. Enjoy!

aorlflood 11-03-2011 03:49 PM

Pretty! I love my FW and my 301!

fluffygirl 11-03-2011 04:18 PM

Pretty machine and it looks like you got all the goodies to play with too! Congratulations.

Pat

n2scraplvr 11-03-2011 04:25 PM

That's beautiful! Been looking on ebay too. Maybe one of these days....lol

Stitchnripper 11-03-2011 04:39 PM

Glad to hear!!! They are so much fun. Enjoy!

SmickChick 11-03-2011 06:31 PM

OMG! We used to go to the Fla. Keys at Thanksgiving, and stayed at a wonderful Mom and Pops motel (It was so fantastic ---and a near thing-of the -past). I specifically asked the owner for a room where I could sew, as I took my machine. What's a vacation for????? The image you have described--camping and sewing.....I'm jealous!!!! That is the MOST WONDERFUL IMAGE. Good for you. You are Blessed!

(This response goes with the person CAMPING!!!)

sherian 11-03-2011 06:35 PM

Looks great glad you have a great sewing machine, I have one I received from my mil.\
You are better than me you oiled your machine, I took it to dealer and had it cleaned, I need
to learn how to service and oil my machine.