Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I love you baby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-love-you-baby-t197478.html)

Anastasia 08-12-2012 11:20 PM

I love you baby

1 Attachment(s)
So awhile back, I friended a girl on facebook solely for the purpose of having more neighbors in a game. I haven't played that game in forever, but I kept her around cause she plays other games, and she seems very cool. Well she's about to pop with her 3rd kid and her 2 are much older. Like it's been 8 years since the last one. I think it was a surprise. Anyways. I had a my niece about to pop, and a friend's daughter about to pop (just did the other day) and I was making them stuff and posting on facebook about the things I was making and she was like OMG so cute. So When I got all these pretty pink and red fabrics in a layer cake from my june secret pal swap partner, I made the heart. Wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. Eventually I had a concept and I made a really crude drawing. I sat on it some more.. finished a bunch of other projects for all the other babies. Well, now I have finished the top for this lovely lady. Finallyy.. This picture doesn't do it justice. The pinks are very vibrant and the whites are almost blindingly bright and beautiful. This is my first "intricate" quilt. I made 1 before this, it was 25 squares. hehe. I made another one that was pre-pieced on the bolt so I literally just tied it to the back and called it done. So this is my first REAL quilt top.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]355237[/ATTACH]

BrendaK 08-12-2012 11:33 PM

Very nice. Sure she will love it.How kind of you. BrendaK

burchquilts 08-12-2012 11:33 PM

OMG! That is beautiful! You just kinda made that pattern up? I'm super impressed! I think you should do a tutorial on that because I know lots of people would like to make something as fabulous as this (I know I would!)! Great job!!!

Anastasia 08-12-2012 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5437133)
OMG! That is beautiful! You just kinda made that pattern up? I'm super impressed! I think you should do a tutorial on that because I know lots of people would like to make something as fabulous as this (I know I would!)! Great job!!!

Yea.. pretty much. I graph paper drew out the heart awhile back (I can share that if anyone wants it, it's in my albums) and did it in 2.5" strips.. and the geese I did with HST method, and the ribbon border I pulled from quilterscache.com, they also call it pyramid border cause if you flip the block a diff way it'll make pyramids instead. I had some math problems with that and ended up a few inches short.. hehe.. so I just put another sliver of pink on the end.

sewdarnbusy 08-13-2012 01:24 AM

awww cute kitty.... Your quilt is so darling. Yeah!!!

orangeroom 08-13-2012 02:38 AM

Nice job! I'm sure the recipient will love it! What girl doesn't love hearts. How nice of you to take the time and energy.

ssgirly 08-13-2012 03:33 AM

That looks great!

Diane007 08-13-2012 03:48 AM

very nice quilt top.

#1piecemaker 08-13-2012 03:55 AM

She will love it!! That is such a nice thing to do.

alfosa421 08-13-2012 05:57 AM

Well you done good!!!