Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I shop at Hancock's more than ever (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-shop-hancocks-more-than-ever-t8580.html)

Cordelia 06-29-2008 09:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
They're always having unbelievable sales. But, their fabric is not always the best quality, so I don't buy much of their fabric.

BUT, since they're always having HUGE sales, I'm always going in.

Christmas fabrics this year are trickling in and Hancocks had their bolts under a "Seasons Greetings 1.99 /yard sale" sign.

Sooooooo, I couldn't believe it. I asked the lady if all the fabrics were on sale or just a select of them, the "Seasons Greetings bolts. Believe me, every time I see a sale sign like that, and go to the counter, I find I'm always picking items that AREN'T included in the sale.

So, the lady said, yeah, Christmas fabrics are 1.99 a yard.

I had limited money on me, so I said I want to be sure because I don't want to have her cut a bunch of fabric if it's not on sale.

So, she scanned a couple of bolts and they all came up their regular price. So, she said, they're not in the computer as $1.99, but the sign says they're all 1.99.

So, I picked four fabrics out and bought two yards of each.

They're not fine quality, but they'll do for my Christmas projects this year. I'll be making Christmas throw pillows with it.

judee0624 06-29-2008 10:36 AM

:D Very nice choices. I like Hancock too. I made a queen quilt all in batiks from there. It is wonderful.

judee

Cordelia 06-29-2008 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm going to make holiday throw pillows. Nothing fancy. I'll just cut a big square of the cardinal fabric and border it with other Christmas fabric strips and put a ruffle on it.

My mom made these:

tlrnhi 06-29-2008 03:48 PM

I love that quilt on the couch!

johnette 06-29-2008 03:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've recently found a Hancocks. This is what I got this weekend. All on sale except the jelly rolls.

sewnsewer2 06-29-2008 03:59 PM

I shop at Hancock too, and I do watch for flaws in the fabric before they cut it. (Actually everywhere)
I got some warm & white at 40% off this weekend! I'm waiting for it to go 50% off like it often does, and I'll buy a lot more.

beachlady 06-29-2008 04:03 PM

Nice Christmas fabric. Your pillows will look great. We don't have any Hancocks around here - are they kind of like a Jo-Ann's? I have ordered from Hancock's of Paducah, but heard they are a separate outfit.

GiGi 07-01-2008 04:29 PM

This is what my quilting teacher told the class as she has worked for JoAnn's, Hancock's, etc. "Quilting Shops order and get the first run of any cotton fabric for sale...JoAnn's gets the second run, Hancock's gets the third run and WalMart, etc., gets the last run." Each run is less and less quality. You can still buy name brands at these outlets, but they are not first quality, thus the difference in prices. Therefore, I no longer buy anywhere but quality Quiliting Shops and my pieces have turned out much better as the cotton is of 100% quality. Thank you. GiGi :D :D :lol: