Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I Spy game quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-spy-game-quilt-t33205.html)

mosher92 01-05-2010 02:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I made this I Spy to keep at "nana's house". I have taken a picture of all the hexagons and while snapfish is having a sale I have ordered 4x6 prints and will have them laminated in card size. I have been collecting bottle caps for 6 months, along with all family members. I will seperate them into colors and each player will have their own color. I will flip over a card and the first to find the hexagon puts their bottle cap on that spot. I can have them do just three in a row, four corners, cover the whole quilt, options are wide open. I am also pleased that I have finished two UFO's so now I can start my sisters quilt with a clear conscious.

rootyr 01-05-2010 02:33 AM

Wjat a great quilt and great idea!

marsye 01-05-2010 03:00 AM

OK I have a dumb question.......Are I spy quilts used in playing the game "I Spy"?
When I was a kid we used to play "I Spy" when going on trips going down the road so we wouldn't get bored going to Papa's house.

mosher92 01-05-2010 03:20 AM

Yes. My children and I use to pay "I Spy with my little eye" In the call all the time. I would often pass my turns because I was getting so into the game. That and finding the alphabet letters on road signs. Now children have videos to watch in cars. I am so not a supporter of those. Of course my children are grown so it is easy for me to say that.

Quilt4u 01-05-2010 03:30 AM

Love it.

Oklahoma Suzie 01-05-2010 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by mosher92
I made this I Spy to keep at "nana's house". I have taken a picture of all the hexagons and while snapfish is having a sale I have ordered 4x6 prints and will have them laminated in card size. I have been collecting bottle caps for 6 months, along with all family members. I will seperate them into colors and each player will have their own color. I will flip over a card and the first to find the hexagon puts their bottle cap on that spot. I can have them do just three in a row, four corners, cover the whole quilt, options are wide open. I am also pleased that I have finished two UFO's so now I can start my sisters quilt with a clear conscious.

what a wonderful idea.

sdparent 01-05-2010 03:57 AM

That came out beautiful!!! That UFO pile must be getting down now. Good luck on that NYB, I am sure you will ace it as you always do, I can't wait to see it.

beachlady 01-05-2010 04:54 AM

What a great idea. (My grandson (5) is one that watches the videos in the car and on airplanes!!)

Chele 01-05-2010 05:23 AM

What a great I Spy quilt!

cande 01-05-2010 06:27 AM

What a pretty I Spy quilt! I'll be making one but I don't think it'll be that fancy; I haven't been making quilts that long and have to work up to the more advanced patterns.