Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I think I am starting to get the hang of this!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-think-i-am-starting-get-hang-t8618.html)

Izy 06-30-2008 10:10 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This is my first straight piecing project. The centre fabrics were very kindly sent over by Cathy M, as precut pieces but after making six of the blocks I realised there wasn't enough of the floral triangle....so I made up another block to compliment the original design.

The squares are 1.5" and overall it measures 46" x 39" I think it will make a lovely lap quilt :D

I have really enjoyed making this one, thanks for everyones help who advised me about the blocks!!! :D

I managed to get a picture with the wind blowing...that is very unusual where we live in the hills.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11394[/ATTACH]

Close up of the borders...does anyone recognise their fabrics that they sent over?????
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11405[/ATTACH]

jacquemoe 06-30-2008 10:12 AM

Beautifully executed. So clever to adjust the design to what you have on hand. The colors are beautiful too.

gcathie 06-30-2008 10:15 AM

My that turned out real nice!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Izy 06-30-2008 10:15 AM

Oh I am glad you responded Jacque.....now how to quilt it?????????????

I have done abit of free motion work...but am I brave enough to do it on here???????

If not, then I was thinking about in the ditch on the diagonal, where it makes a lattice sort of effect then around the five nine patch centres....for starters anyway!!

Kyiav10 06-30-2008 10:17 AM

Its beautiful. All the colors go so well together!!

Kyia

Cordelia 06-30-2008 10:22 AM

Wow, that was fast! And so beautiful too. I love to look at these and try to imagine how they're actually pieced together.

I like that design. The blocks are lovely and the fabrics are so pretty. I need to start using these gorgeous floral prints they have out there. But, I'm flower shy ...

Don't really know how to use them.

Izy 06-30-2008 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Cordelia
Wow, that was fast! And so beautiful too. I love to look at these and try to imagine how they're actually pieced together.

I like that design. The blocks are lovely and the fabrics are so pretty. I need to start using these gorgeous floral prints they have out there. But, I'm flower shy ...

Don't really know how to use them.

Cordelia - When I was first looking at the fabrics which were pre- cut and selected in a little bag with a tiny 3" diagram of the original 'star' block, I didnt think the burgundy fabric went well with the others, but as it was in there I just got on with it...and I have been so pleasantly surprised how it brings another dimension to the quilt as the four corner squares made a large square giving more colour impact :D

I love flowers so that wasn't a problem for me tee hee!! :D

quiltsRfun 06-30-2008 10:39 AM

Beautiful. I love the colors and design.

Quilt4u 06-30-2008 10:47 AM

You got the hang of it alright. Wow! That is one beautiful quilt.

Barb M 06-30-2008 10:54 AM

Ooooh, it's absolutely gorgeous!!!!! :) :) :)