Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I'd love to show & tell my new Sewing Room, Please, Come on in... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/id-love-show-tell-my-new-sewing-room-please-come-t13843.html)

ladygen 01-17-2010 07:11 PM

Okay, I must ask... where is home? And can I take your hubby to Ikea and have him help me, too?! I don't often make the trip over... it's not usually worthwhile enough... but this would SO be worth it!

Cheryl 01-17-2010 07:36 PM

That is one nice sewing room you have a very caring DH that means alot. Very nice job..

Kellie G 01-17-2010 10:57 PM

I am one jealous quilter. How beautiful is that room???? I may steal a couple of your storage ideas, love the rulers on the door!!!

AtHomeSewing 01-17-2010 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by ladygen
Okay, I must ask... where is home? And can I take your hubby to Ikea and have him help me, too?! I don't often make the trip over... it's not usually worthwhile enough... but this would SO be worth it!

Hi Neighbor! I live NE of Woodinville! Hubby is always willing to take a trip to Ikea, where I'm sure he would encourage you to get all sorts of fun things. However, a designer he's not. He is great at helping put it all together though! :-D

Lilaciris 01-24-2010 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Love your room. How is your DH with very small rooms? And can I Have him for a week or two to do my room? :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

:lol:
After we finished the room I told him that if anything happens to me, he should suspect my single sewing gal pals! :shock: Then I suggested that he might join a local quilt guild or online quilt forum to find a replacement! :lol:

The room is 13 x 14, including the closets, so there's definitely not a future for a quilting machine in there! Any size space can be fun to plan, and some of the small ones are the cutest I've seen.

You can borrow him, but beware he is not a designer at all. However he can do modifications, and handle any electrical, phone or cable installs you might want! And, when it's all done he'll continually tell you that you need to buy more fabric to fill up all the cabinets! :D

What!!!! Your DH actually told you that you need to buy more fabric?? OMG, he's a keeper !!!!!!

sewsue 01-24-2010 08:16 AM

sigh what a lovely sewingroom and even the hubby who wants to fill the drawers with fabric, sigh.

fireworkslover 01-24-2010 09:31 AM

What an awesome room. Are you a designer by trade? How many months did you spend thinking about all the things you wanted to include in your room and how drawers were going to be organized? I'm sure being so organized, it saves you lots of time looking for things. I'm jealous. I've seen the furniture from IKEA before on a DVD I have from Jan Krentz. It certainly seems to fit the needs of a quilter. Since you have moulding around the edges of your cutting/ironing table, how do you get the different surfaces off to change them?

Valerie Scherr 01-24-2010 11:33 AM

What a beautiful room ...where did you find the cutting table it is just fabulous. I want one too... You are so lucky.

ddrobins1956 01-24-2010 12:02 PM

I'm drooling! You must be one happy quilter. :D

Candela59 01-24-2010 01:07 PM

Beautiful room! I'm pea green with envy!!!! :mrgreen: